Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle ejecting cases forward

Maize

I went out shooting this evening after installing a JP light carrier and silent recoil buffer, left just

like they sent it. My rifle now sends the cases out in front of me, to what I believe is called 1 o'clock. I'm

shooting a Nordic 18 with a carbon arms fixed gas block. Any suggestions? Is this OK or should something be changed?

My JP with the alum. carrier does the same, However, as we will be fine tuning the load this week, I haven't done any gas tuning yet.

It feels a bit over gassed right now.

The accuracy is phenomenal, 5 rounds covered by a nickel at 100yds

oT5LFWN.jpg

uH8lsNA.jpg

300 yds

itQZWuG.jpg

last 4 rounds at 400

0KAL8yg.jpg

Thanks Toothandnail My group were 5 times that big but I was shooting off a metal ladder laying on it's side on top of a pile of tumbleweeds at 360 yards

Edited by Maize

You running the steel LMOS or aluminum? What you are seeing is caused by one of two things. Either you are over gassed and over sprung, or you have a week ejector spring. Either way, the case is likely; being pushed forward by the bolt before the case can get out of the breech area.

Here is another take. If you like the way the gun feels recoil pulse wise, and it never hangs up due to ejection, don't worry, be happy, and burn that barrel out and buy another and repeat. Way too much is made of "ejection patterns". I actually like mine to kick out forward, as I find I can crowd the ejection port closer to the ground on a roll over prone situation as opposed to a 3-5:30 pattern, but once again if you like the feel of it, shoot it!!!

I could do that. I won't get to shoot it again for a couple of weeks. But the rifle has always been nice and now it shoots better. I shot a few rounds in Dads new Stretch 16 set up the same and my rifle was much flatter

As long as the gun functions flawlessly and you're not finding any abnormal wear, it makes no difference where the brass goes.

I prefer my brass to land at about 1:30. I want as much spring pressure as possible slamming the bolt into battery while maintaining reliability.