Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Major vs Minor

Red Ryder

Let me pose this question: If Limited Minor doesn't warrant an increased mag capacity, why does Single Stack and Revolver?

With 32 round stages you're not going to get a 'functional' capacity advantage unless you cap 'major' at 15 rounds and force them to make 2 mag changes...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone use these 140mm mags anywhere other than gun games?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. I was thinking L-10. SS just says to fit the box, which doesn't necessarily limit mag size as long as it fits the box. But it dies explicitly say how many are in the gun for major and minor, like revolver.

The added increase in capacity is chance, not a thoughtful choice. More like, yeah, you can shoot 9 and be scored minor. You just happen to be lucky the bullets are smaller so you get more in the same size mag. I do not think it was thought of in the way you're supposing, oh, you want to shoot minor in SS, well let's see what we can do to make it more comparable, oh let's give you more rounds.

As you increase capacity the ability to carry more isn't that big, as the percentage difference in diameter between a 9mm and a .40 is only 10.16mm. So you're talking only a 1.1mm difference. and .45 is only 11.43mm so a 2.4mm difference.