Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sideways cmore touching slide

dansedgli

Is this possible?

At rest my cmore has about 1mm clearance using a predator tactical sideways mount.

I bought the gun used and it's always had a scratch directly under the cmore lense.

I got a rebluing kit a few weeks ago and tried to touch it up but I just noticed it is down to bare metal again.

I'm not sure if the mount is touching or if the bluing didn't take.

Any tips to see if it's touching during recoil?

The bolts are tight. I check them quite often.

I just pulled the slide off to look at the cmore from the bottom. It's definitely touching at the front half of the lense. :(

I can push lightly on the scope and it touches.

What is a better option to use? I like the sideways mount but willing try a normal one.

Hello: I use the Cheely setback mount which is a 90 degree mount. It puts the scope further back into your hands and closer to the pivot point. Is your slide flat topped? Is it a factory pistol or custom? If a custom it may have the holes in the incorrect position. I forgot to add are the C-More bolts tight? Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Mine was touching slightly too and my slide still has the factory contour. My solution was to sand a bit of material off of the side of the cmore lens frame where it was contacting the slide.

Edited by MrPostman

Cheely sells them direct with free shipping but I don't know about to Australia. Send him an email thru his site. He is fast to answer.

Never met Matt but I purchased his 90 degree mount for my Trubor and then sent him my barrel to have it throated. Shipping and work from him was amazingly fast.

Edited by shotgunone

Cheely sells them direct with free shipping but I don't know about to Australia. Send him an email thru his site. He is fast to answer.

Never met Matt but I purchased his 90 degree mount for my Trubor and then sent him my barrel to have it throated. Shipping and work from him was amazingly fast.

Thanks, his website only lists USA as a location in the checkout process.

I'm sure I've tried to buy from him before and had to go through shooters connection.

Depending on where the holes were drilled on the frame, the C-more can definitely touch the slide. Another mount might be a waste of money. I would have the slide and comp milled a couple of thousands until no touching is visible.

Having said that, I had an open that touched during recoil and never affected the C-more.

Yeah I'm sorta worried about paying over $100 to get a new one delivered if it's not going to fix it.

It's an aluminium cmore too. Any filing i do will look bad. Id rather invest in a new gun than pay a smith to flat top it. Aussie gunsmiths are not cheap.

Small problem, expensive fix.

Dan, I have a Cheely setback you could try? I need it back but you could at least see if it solves the problem. I reckon a Cheely or Quinn mount would fix it as it's probably the flex from the 2 piece mount design is just enough for it to touch.

If you were going to do anything to the gun you might as well get it tri-topped. Looks great, will Lighten the slide too. Cause regardless of what you do to the slide it'll need re-coating/bluing anyway.