Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS Slide & Parts compatability w/ regular 75B Frame?

JoeyMac

I've got a CZ 75B SA in 40s&w... I love it. I've never had a chance to compare a CZ TS side by side with my gun. I was curious about a few different things.

I'm wondering if I were able to track down a CZ TS 40 complete slide assembly, if that slide will work on my regular CZ-75B frame?

What about the other way around (the regular 75B SA slide on the TS frame)... it would probably look goofy, but would that work?

Finally, Don't the CZ-75B 40s&w guns and the CZ TS 40 both have 14mm (~.550") OD barrels... if so, could you drop a TS 40 barrel into regular CZ75B .40S&W?

The CA 75B SA slide in 40 takes a .550" diameter barrel, the same as the TS. It will fit on a TS frame, but won't be as long as the dust cover. Fit may be tight or loose, depending. You can put a TS slide on a 75 frame if it's SA, but you might have to remove some of the firing pin safety stuff. Not sure. Can't help you with using a TS barrel in a 75 SA. I'm not near my barrels and measuring gear at the moment, but if memory serves, the .550" nominal diameter is only up near the end of the barrel. If so, there would be some slop in the SA slide bushing/barrel fit.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I think I can handle that. I'm hoping I can remove the material from the frame, so I can still swap the slide back to my TS. Although I could just move the barrel back to my other TS slide (40).

Very interesting! Always good to have another project to put together. Thanks!

the material from the outside of the spring tunnel is easier to take I think.

will still allow use on the TS frame.

also you will need to alter the lower barrel lug and if DA/SA the slide cutouts for the trigger bar.