Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 limited 6" vs 5" barrel length

redfisher

I went thru the same thing recently.

What it boiled down to for me, is that the 6", because of the extra inch was a little heavier up front, it was slightly slower for me to draw, and slower for me to transition because it was just more mass to move. Now if I had the gun, and practiced with it, I suspect the difference would be much less than it was from just my little time with each.

The 6" was nice for longer steel and distance shots, I definitely appreciated the extra sight radius.

I'm sure other folks could offer all sorts of other items, but for me...those were the biggest differences, and pro's and con's that I experienced. Granted, my time with the 6" was limited to a morning with it, and a hundred or so rounds thru it.

I have both. Started with the 5" then had a 6" built. Agree with the above about the 6" being slower on the transitions but once I got used to it love the accuracy with the longer sight radius.

If I ever have another 2011 built I'll probably go 5.5" just to round out the collection :)

Hello: Do a search again. Lots of info on this. Thanks, Eric

I will search again, BUT I tried Limited gun 6" vs 5" / Limited Gun Barrel length, and several other derivatives and Zero came up, any input on what I should search under? thanks.

Jeff

Hello: Do a search again. Lots of info on this. Thanks, Eric

I will search again, BUT I tried Limited gun 6" vs 5" / Limited Gun Barrel length, and several other derivatives and Zero came up, any input on what I should search under? thanks.

Jeff

Try 'sight radius'

You'll get several '5 or 6' or '5 or 5.4' threads.

I have a 6" limited. Like others said, it's a little slower to draw and transition. But the longer sight radius has a big advantage on distant targets, those obscured by no shoots, and those that only present head shots. Plus the extra length, and a tungsten guide rod I put in, help control recoil. I have small hands, so anything that helps keep the muzzle down, is a big plus for me.

And fwiw, I shoot this gun the best of all my other guns that are 5".