Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun belt question

BlakeM

Ive been out of 3 gun since 2009 and USPSA since 2011. I always said I would shoot the next Ft. Benning 3 gun match and luckily I was able to get in the match, or it seems that way as of right now! Here is the deal, all of my CR Speed belts are old and worn out. I have a good functioning war belt I put together the last year or so that works for my needs.

Is a war belt a belt system that will be permitted at the Ft.Benning 3 gun match? I do not mind buying new gear but Id rather use what I am use to currently.

Ive been out of 3 gun since 2009 and USPSA since 2011. I always said I would shoot the next Ft. Benning 3 gun match and luckily I was able to get in the match, or it seems that way as of right now! Here is the deal, all of my CR Speed belts are old and worn out. I have a good functioning war belt I put together the last year or so that works for my needs.

Is a war belt a belt system that will be permitted at the Ft.Benning 3 gun match? I do not mind buying new gear but Id rather use what I am use to currently.

Sure. You might want to have something like MOLLE-lok to pop things off and on it to reconfigure for each stage. Since they buckle in the front (if I remember correctly) your shotgun real estate might get kind of..odd. You'll probably have to make ready out of your pockets too.

If by war belt you mean a padded wide belt with MOLLE or other strap attachments, yes, no problem. Really any belt system that holds your gear snugly during vigorous 3-Gun movement is fine.

Most folks do use an inner/outer competition belt setup with velcro and/or keepers for extra retention. If you can use some sort of keepers to strap your war belt on to something that goes through the belt loops, you are set. The MOLLE-loks are a good idea for accessories—particularly shotshell caddies—that you might want to remove/reconfigure between stages. Following on thermobollocks's comment, you might want to set yours up to be mounted with the buckle clip at the back. Front real estate is really prime territory that you don't want to lose.

For matches where I shoot AR stuff, I like the typical CR Speed belt set up. For heavy metal, I like a battle belt with suspenders because, well, it's heavy. I'm going to investigate buckling the battle belt in the back though. As CJW said, real estate is limited.