Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul 25 round AR308 Magazines?

Bryan 45

Currently all my 308 AR mags are 20 round ones. Are the Magpul 25 round mags long enough to monopod off? I figure I'll pick some up for Blue Ridge if so, and of course only load to 20 rounds.

I feel like the universe is in better alignment if you are getting Heavy Metal trigger time, Bryan! Good luck.

:cheers:

Not quite the same, but I have some 25 rounders for my AR10 and they are easier to monopod off of. I would pick up a TTI baseplate to add to one of the Pmag 25s just to have another option.

Dude, why you using a dot?

Hurley

Thanks Michael. I'm trying out some new gear at this match too-

411694064.jpg

So far I'm really liking the Trijicon MRO. 2 MOA dot, wide field of view.

Not the M1A you used the first time I ever saw you shoot (on TV), but that should do nicely.

I look forward to more feedback on the MRO. I definitely need my glasses when using a dot!

• 2 weeks later...

The 25 round mags worked great for Monopodding.

And the Trijicon MRO worked even better.

Both of these combined with a great Glock 41 pistol from MOD 1 and some luck netted a Heavy Metal Division win for me at Blue Ridge Mountain this past weekend. It was fun getting back to shooting the big guns.

The 25 round mags worked great for Monopodding.And the Trijicon MRO worked even better.Both of these combined with a great Glock 41 pistol from MOD 1 and some luck netted a Heavy Metal Division win for me at Blue Ridge Mountain this past weekend. It was fun getting back to shooting the big guns.

Well done, sir!

The 25 round mags worked great for Monopodding.

And the Trijicon MRO worked even better.

Both of these combined with a great Glock 41 pistol from MOD 1 and some luck netted a Heavy Metal Division win for me at Blue Ridge Mountain this past weekend. It was fun getting back to shooting the big guns.

Congratulations!! That's what I like to see. :bow:

Thanks guys.

I've pulled off at least 2 second place finishes in Heavy at BRM in the past, but haven't shot a major in HM since 2011 or 2012. These stages were challenging and fun.

I used a parts gun made up of a DPMS rifle I won at Fort Benning in 2010, Black Rain lower receiver I won at Ozark 3 Gun in 2011, Samson Evo rail, and ACE SOCOM stock. (Samson and ACE being sponsors of mine) It was cool putting those parts to such good use.

More on the MRO- My one and only complaint on it is the illumination settings. I had to use 4 most of the match, but we shot stage 3 pretty late in the evening. 4 was just a little too bright, but 3 wasn't bright enough to pick out against the terrain. The factory mount held tight to the rifle, zero never moved, and this was with running around with it slung for 7 stages and the heavy 308 recoil. Dot size is great, I left 3 targets out of 10 on stage 3, but I blame that on me not using the right hold over. I went 11 for 7 on Stage 4 I think, and 9 for 7 on stage 6.