Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soliciting recommendations on best shotgun barrel length for 3 Gun

Paul49

In my case the 21" fits me better, balance and easier/ faster for mounting/ dismount, in general terms fitment. I guess the individual's physical stature / upper body strenght will also determine the best bbl lenght. Before I got the my 21" 1301, 2 buddies of mine who owns both the 21" and 24" respectively let me do some range time with their SG, and found out I can move the SG faster and smoother with the 21" . Surprisingly, it was a different story when we did some informal trap shooting.

ffgats hit the nail on the head. It all comes down to handling and personal preference. I have a Mossy JM Pro that started life as a 24" w/ 9rd tube. After a slug intensive stage a couple of years, discovered I had blown the choke tube out and bulged the barrel. After minor surgery, I now have a 22" w/ 14 rd tube. The gun handles like an albatross now. The extra rounds weigh a hell of a lot more than the couple of inches in barrel. Built a Benelli M2 for heavy class w/ 26" barrel and tube holds 8rds. Gas vs inertia, bla bla bla....the gun is very balanced and handles very nice! As for the minor surgery, someone is ripping you a new one! Look up Carlson's Choke Tubes www.choketube.com

They did mine for less than half that, and I got 3 extended choke tubes to boot. They do great work.

10468267_1442300479369367_1611376157_o.j

benelli3.jpg