3. Ron Avery (USA)

4. Phil Strader

5. Estuardo Gomez

6. Fabian Scott

7. Frank Garcia

8. Juan Carlos Jaime

9. Nick Du Plessis

10. Oliver Damm

Hi, I would like make revision top 10 shooters and their gear. I know that everybody need guns which fit to his hand but try make a little view which gun use the best shooters...

If I know R. Leatham Springfiled bud next shooters..? I do not know. Hwo know please write..for example xxx STI Edge, CZ ST ect....:o)

I'd like to give you a little different answer than you asked for. While looking at the top shooters is one way to gauge what you want, most are sponsored by a manufacture or gunsmith and they shoot what the sponsor makes. They all shoot great so that tell you that the sponsors make good products.

What you might look at is what the rest of the field is shooting. While there are a lot of factors that make a shooter select a certain gun or gunsmith, most will break down into cost, availability, reputation, and the shooters experience. I went to the Alabama Limited Sectional this last weekend with my Glock 35 in .40 S&W expecting to see numerous others (this was my first Limited match). Of the 80 shooters, I don't think there were more than 2 or three other Glocks.

Now, I love my Glock 35 and its competitive in Production and IDPA in SSP shooting reduced pf loads, and would probably hold its own shooting Limited in a local match, when shooting against seasoned GM, M, A, B shoorters with dedicated Limited guns, there is a difinite disadvantage (lighter gun shooting Major pf, magazine capacity, production pistol vs. limited (custom) pistol).

To get to the point, most shooters at the match were shooting STI/SV wide body guns in .40 S&W which had major work done by or manufactured by one of the custom gun gunsmiths that you see advertised in Front Sight.

BTW, I like STI (own a STI frame, Caspian slide, Hybrid barrel open gun) and place an order for a Brazos SC Limited gun yesterday. I can hardly wait for delivery on 1 June.

I don't think the GLock has a capacity disadvantage, I know of base pads that will take you up to 20+1, and that's all the S_I guns get.

On the upper end of capacity you have the Para / Springfield set up, which I have heard can be coaxed up to 22+1. On the bottom end I think would be a CZ or Caspian, at I think a max of 19+1. (These are USPSA 140mm capacities, but it translates to standard as well).

IMHO S_I guns are more popular because like the small block chevy there's a million parts out there to make them juuuuuust right for YOU, they are less finicky that Para's or Caspians, lighter than either (if you want that), and probably the easiest to load of any.

They are also built on forged CNC machined steel, vs. castings, and can be had in pretty competitive trim right from the factory, although with a magwell and decent sites, a G35 or Para LTD can be close and cheaper.

Like you're going to hear a thousand times, it comes down to what you want. Like Intento was telling you though, it's the indian not the arrow, and buying some "signature model" of anything won't improve you anymore than you're willingness to practice with it.

I wonder if Flex feels like his 35 is a disadvantage :)

Itento,

My intention is not flame you but there are pro's and con's of each platform. Yes weight, customization, and a better trigger might be distinct advantages for the S-I guns but on the other hand you can afford to attend TWO weeks of top tier training for the cost difference in buying a Glock. I will guarantee you that $1500-$2000 worth of training will kick the snot out of $1500-$2000 worth of gunsmithing every day and twice on Sunday.

Lukipsc,

Depending on what level you shoot, I think it can be very misleading to pattern what you need after how some GM's have set up their gun. This is where an honest discussion needs to happen between you and your gunsmith or you and a couple of more experienced shooters to help you find what will work for you. Top Tier GM's are looking for any available edge in their setup and may be willing to accept compromises in other areas for that edge. Whereas a B or C shooter may need a completely different setup to help their shooting progress. Talk to many people about their setups, shoot as many as you can, take an honest assessment of your current abilities and where you want to take them, and then decide which platform and what customizations would most benefit the goals you have chosen for yourself.

Take care, Craig

Yes you are right that every from them hava own sponsor but I thought that I can make a little exploration about weapon top shooters. I know only about R. Leatham tha he uses Springfield (I never saw this model in catalogue of Springgfiled ;) and that F. Garcia has STI. You are right that you can be better or you can love shooting with your Glock. I love shooting with my CZ, before that I had Bul and I had very good results. It is only exploration :D .

SMOKSHWN:

yes you are right. As I wrote I want make only a little exploration :). But thanks for your view. In my country now starting shooting season, during winter is our range unavailable and indoor range is very cheap and is mainly for holiday shooters. Today I had second training with my overman and couch in one person and I am satisfied with my results. They can be better but I am satisfied. I am A level shooter in IPSC and I get my A class an last Championship with hard competitors I thing.

I also think it is easier if you stick with what you started with, because then there is no re-training on a different system. If you started with a Glock, then stick with it. If you started with a S_I, then stick with it, I think it makes it easier than having to re-train yourself. But then again, lots of shooters like to play the different divisions on which one they want to play.

Make sure it's fun and you enjoy it, that's the most important thing.