Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Running Major and Minor loads in Trubor

shotgunone

Just picked up my new STI Trubor in 9mm last week. Ran a few rounds of minor (IDPA) loads through it just because. Had a few jams of one kind or another but I kind of expected that with a new gun, factory grease, and light loads.

I looked at STI web sight and it says their compensated guns have an 8 lb recoil spring, but this one feel heavier than that.

My question to all you STI Trubor 9mm shooters what changes, if any, do you make to the gun when you run minor vs major loads? Such as recoil spring, mainspring, etc.

Thanks

Hello: It should run both loads once it's broken in. The ones I had would run both with a 17lb ISMI mainspring and a 8lb ISMI recoil spring. I also used a full length guide rod and reverse plug. I oil my guns with Mobil 1 20w50 for summer and 0W30 for winter or a mix of both. Thanks, Eric

Mine will run both BUT

IT's easier to shoot load at 150 or above for me (personal opinion) because the comp works better and keeps the dot visable through the

cycle of slide movement allowing faster follow up shots.

My transitions aren't any different on steel with 150 or 172 PF so I generally shoot the same 172 load all the time.

I bought mine used and the prior owner said he used a 7 lbs spring for steel Challenge loads.