Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P CORE best optics

shutr

I'd be interested to know who's optics have been working best on CORE pistols. I'm considering C-more or Deltapoint. looks like a waiting game since most optics (Vortex, Deltapoint) are out of stock. So what have you guys been useing?

Just finished second steel match with a used Deltapoint on my .40 CORE. Worked great no problems seems like a tough sight and that big triangle is great for my 62 year old eyes.

As far as sighting in goes I took this advice:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/showthread.php?p=138407567

and had it sighted in 20 minutes. Removed the sight for each adjustment and the mount indexed perfectly.

Leupold service rep told me the Deltapoint Pro was shipped but I can't find it in stock anywhere

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

Edited by ParaOrdnanceLarry

I'm using a JPoint 8 MOA on my Performance center 9mm CORE. Fits perfectly with no issues. With the irons sights visible in the reflex window, finding the dot is a snap ... just draw to the iron sights and the dot is perched right on top of the front post. No more playing "find the dot". If the battery dies in a match, I still have the irons very usable. I zeroed those before I mounted the JPoint.

I also played with a Burris FastFire III. No issues, basically the same height and sight picture with irons visible. I just thought the five step on/off switch would be inconvenient in Steel or USPSA as opposed to the cover cap on the JPoint. But, if the JPoint died I could quickly shift to the FFIII and be cheerful.

I'd recommend the Deltapoint, I used one on my Core for over a year and a half and over 50K rounds. Not one problem. I changed the battery once (but the old one didn't go dead so I have no idea how long it would have lasted) I still have it but I got a new Major PF gun and I went with a CMore optic. I still use the Core for steel but I only shoot that once a month (at the most).

Don't know where the $600 figure came from. Here's one for less than $400 (you don't need the "all mounts" version) http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-deltapoint-reflex-sight-matte-7-5-moa-dot.html

You might be able to find it cheaper if you do some searching, I got this link in just a few seconds of a search. I think I bought mine a couple of years ago from Palmetto Armory for under $300.

Just FYI, the DP Pro doesn't co-witness with the Core iron sights. The battery change on the standard DP takes less than a minute. I've changed it once in mine in a couple of years. Didn't have to re-zero the sight. I only use the DP for steel now, I shoot 9 major with my new(er) gun.

post-56380-0-21736400-1441646783_thumb.j

post-56380-0-68896100-1441646826_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I see 3 delta points.

Sounds like it needs to go back to Leupold. (but have someone else look at it and make sure it's the optic and not your eyes :roflol: )

How old is the optic? Have you cleaned the LED lens? (the one where the image is projected, not the big glass thing) I use alcohol and a Q-tip.

I've never had "ghosting" but the delta gets fuzzy when the lens is dirty.

Edited by Bkreutz