Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR comps

Patrick Sweeney

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today and read it. Nice article with what seems to be a really nice test method. Looks pretty straightforward and easy to understand. Personally I think the comments Mr Kelly made were thoughtful and show a lot of understanding about the way things really work with any equipment.

I am impressed and think it the best "real world" article I have ever read about comps as used in our type of sport.

Mr. Kelly. :cheers:

My latest article should be in your mail box first quarter November '09. Courtesy of Front Sight.

Patrick E. Kelley

Received my Front Sight. Your article is very well done, sir.

Did you take a single photo with each brake, or a series of photos with each brake and you chose a representative example?

I would really love to see part 3 of your test comparing the available brakes, but in a different format. Gather a handful of top rifle shooters -- most likely the day before/after a major match -- and have them each bring their representative rifle each with the a common barrel thread (1/2 x 28?). Spend a day setting up each shooter's rifle with the various comps (hidden by a shroud/cardboard cone), and have them shoot brief short, mid and long-range courses with each comp. Let them comment and rank them. May give a different perspective and take out the variables of barrel length, gas tube length, rifle weight, bolt carrier, shooter style, etc...

Again, well-developed and well-written article -- thank you.

-br

To follow up on the above post, your series of articles is indeed very useful and I appreciate your putting in the hours to make this information available. If you have additional information concerning your tests, I am certain this forum would be glad to find a place for it and failing that send me a IM and I will be glad to accept the download.