Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo and SS capicity question

RJH

What I thought was an interesting topic came up at a match today: If a guy in revo accidently marks major in his registration for revolver, but then shoots an 8 shot minor gun, does he get bumped to open for having too many rounds in the gun at the start signal, or does he simply get moved to minor? Same question for SS? Seems technically they should both get bumped to open, but in revo I bet the guy would get moved to minor, however I think the SS guy would end up getting moved to open. What do yall think?

If you declared Major, then you would be limited to 6 in Revo and 8 in SS; more than that and you would be moved to Open.

This is why it pays to double-check ALL of your info when checking in at registration.

Man, you guys are hard. Cheating?..come on. Honest mistakes happen, and sometimes Stats and/or the registration folks enter information incorrectly. If at all possible, and barring extenuating circumstances, necessary changes should be made, and the shooter should continue in his or her declared division.

Mistakes are made, but it's on the shooter to verify his info prior to the first stage, at which point corrections can be made. Once he/she shoots that first stage, it doesn't matter who made the error, the shooter gets moved to Open.

most of the time at our major matches the verification can't be done until about half way through the day ( one lady does most of the work and mighty good at it ) but we are a little more forgiving of genuine errors it seems than most.

most of the time at our major matches the verification can't be done until about half way through the day ( one lady does most of the work and mighty good at it ) but we are a little more forgiving of genuine errors it seems than most.

Major? As in level 2?

Nevermind, just noticed you were in Australia.

Edited by robb315

You can't get bumped for having an 8 shot revolver if you declare major. You get bumped if you shoot more than 6 before you reload. I know some guys that shoot an 8 shot in case they have a round not go off. Single stack does limit the rounds in the magazine.