Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are your opions regarding practice with>>

COLT 45 ACP

I was wondering if there is any advantage to do some practice with .22 Cal. Pistols like the Ruger 22/45 and the Browning Buckmark?

I have a Browning Buckmark, The grip frame is identical to My Colt. The slide stop and Safety are similar to My Colt also.

I have been doing alot more Dry fire practice and live fire Practice.  I am thinking if I shoot some drills with my BuckMark it will help me with basic Trigger/Sight control.

What are your opinions?

Thanks,

Colt

Guest nmchenry

I just recently used a 22 to practice using my knees to transition between targets.  I will also use it to practice moving from box A to box B.  I am a slow learner so I want to try to develop the idea of the skill with it and then follow up immediately with my competition gun.  I am also interested in how others have used them.

Our range has a .22 steel match once per month.  It is little to no movement, table starts, and ranges are usually fairly close.  Most stages are 5 strings of 5 required hits with unlimited mulligans for misfires and toss your worst score.  

It is great fun and good practice for acquiring the dot, proper grip, and transitioning from target to target.  The best shooters strive for sub 2 seconds on a string.  Most of us are pretty thrilled at sub 2.5 or 3 seconds.

(Edited by jhgtyre at 5:35 am on Feb. 12, 2002)

• 1 month later...

A .22 conversion for your match gun is an excellent option.   Same trigger pull and grip and so on.  For the STI/SV frames, the only drop-in kit I know of is the Marvel ($$$-- super accurate), but a friend and I have hacked Ciener kits onto STI frames with decent results.  Drop me a line if you want to go that route and I'll try and go over what's needed.

(Edited by shred at 5:45 pm on Mar. 27, 2002)