Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide lightening gunsmith

TomFoglio

Hey all, does anyone know of a reputable gunsmith that can cut a bunch of weight off of my hunter slide? I shot my first match with it and found the cycling rate too slow, lots of dip on lockup no matter what spring I use. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wow that does look good Mr. Postman. I found a local place in Savannah that said they could take care of it, Pedro Ortiz shop. Looking forward to getting it done, I'll let y'all know how well it works.

Wow that does look good Mr. Postman. I found a local place in Savannah that said they could take care of it, Pedro Ortiz shop. Looking forward to getting it done, I'll let y'all know how well it works.

Thanks! I used a 1/4 end mill for the slots and then took .010 off all the way around the inside of the slot as a finishing cut. Then I used my 3/8 end mill to chamfer the slots so it looks like the ones from the factory cut slides.

They are 1/4 inch wide cuts, 8 on top, two on the bottom, total weight removed is 1.8oz. Couldn't test fire it yet but Mr Ortiz ripped through 5 rounds in his shop and the slide moved fast. 5fc1871c510d7aadcdcac8d03028e794.jpg

Yes Sir, but duracoat. I'm kinda addicted to the thumb rest now. Not sure I can go as fast without it. It's nicer than the factory ones, good job on it.

Edited by TomFoglio

Yes Sir, but duracoat. I'm kinda addicted to the thumb rest now. Not sure I can go as fast without it. It's nicer than the factory ones, good job on it.

Thanks! I'm sure you know why it is angled instead of square? Next time you do a table start pay attention to where the rest touches the table. The square ones will touch on the forward upper part of the thumb pad which can cause the gun to go grip side down which doesn't help at all. By angling the pad it allows you to get the pivot point closer to the grip which keeps the grip raised instead for a quick grab from the table. Duracote is good stuff!

Thanks! I'm sure you know why it is angled instead of square? Next time you do a table start pay attention to where the rest touches the table. The square ones will touch on the forward upper part of the thumb pad which can cause the gun to go grip side down which doesn't help at all. By angling the pad it allows you to get the pivot point closer to the grip which keeps the grip raised instead for a quick grab from the table. Duracote is good stuff!
You're right, I experienced it at the classifier match 2 weekends back, table stage, Got on the gun very fast, all head shots, Got second overall, just under Master. Gives me high hopes for the gun. Thanks man.

Edited by TomFoglio

My Tapatalk app isn't working right, but I'm trying to respond to Mr. Postman... You're right, I experienced it at the classifier match 2 weekends back, table stage, Got on the gun very fast, all head shots, Got second overall, just under Master. Gives me high hopes for the gun. Thanks man.

They are 1/4 inch wide cuts, 8 on top, two on the bottom, total weight removed is 1.8oz. Couldn't test fire it yet but Mr Ortiz ripped through 5 rounds in his shop and the slide moved fast. 5fc1871c510d7aadcdcac8d03028e794.jpg

Looks like you can open beer bottles with those bottom slide cuts :cheers: