Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much is too much?

blacklab

Just wondering, how many rigs do you have? My wife thinks I need/want too many holsters to play with. Am I the only one that NEEDS more than one? Any thoughts or persuasive arguments would be appreciated.

go with Safariland ELS system ... with one belt I shoot USPSA Production, 3-gun Tac Ops, Steel Challenge Open & Steel Challenge Rimfire pistol and everything goes exactly in the same place every time ... your wife s right ... you only need one rig ....

3 rigs. All now on cr speed hi torque deluxe belts (did have a mix or regular cr, daa and deluxe cr).

One set for open with DAA race master pouches and many Bragg magnetic holster.

One for production (ipsc) with DAA racer pouches and h&s speedsec cw5 race holser.

One for single stack and General backup rig with DAA racer pouches and DAA race master holster (have a few holster inserts so it can stand in for my other rigs if needed).

I didn't want els and putting stuff on brackets. Belts are cheap. I like have the separate rigs setup right and they stay that way. :)

I didn't want els and putting stuff on brackets. Belts are cheap. I like have the separate rigs setup right and they stay that way. :)

I agree with this. Hence, my 4 belts above. I just grab and go. If I used ELS, I would have a ton of them to the back and side for single-stack, and have redundant ones up front for open/limited. Spacing would be a bit off for the shellholders for the 3 gun.

Also, I only wear a size 34 belt so my belt would be surrounded by ELS's!