Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case trimmer for 223

sg1911

I am considering buying either a Giraud Tri Way Trimmer or a Little Crow WFT. I am interested in hearing your opinions from those that have or have used these trimmers. Which would you recommend? Is there a better option for about the same price ?

I had both, but since I chamfer and deburr my cases after trimming, the Giraud saves so much time. Giraud is the only one I have still.

So, not to hijack the thread, but for a novice can you describe the differences in the two? Just looking at the product and the videos they look to be extremely similar in design (or maybe I am clueless). I myself am in the same boat. I am also wondering if it isn't best just to go all in and get the Dillon 1500 and die...

The Giraud trims, chamfers the inside of the case neck, and deburs the outside of the case neck all in one step.

The WFT only trims.

You can see the V shaped cutter on the Giraud website. The WFT is flat.

I have the Giraurd TriWay and mounted it to a 1/15 HP dayton motor spinning at 3000 rpm. I used a shaft coupler I found on Zoro.com, then I built a fixture from aluminum plate and wood. Seems to work well, although i haven't processed much brass. The trimmer is sharp and leaves a nice chamfer and bevel.

I make .223 for 3 gun and similar practice. What I makes shoots 1" or less at 100 yards which is good enough for me....so I trust my process...

FWIW, I've only used the little crow and it works great. Once I trim I load....no further process.

• 11 months later...