Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou 135gr POI

Mike62

I have been shooting 147gr bullets for years and they have always shot high out of my Glock 34 with Dawson fixed sights. This never bothered me until I shot a case of 124gr HPs that shoot like laser beams exactly where I point the gun. I was wondering if anyone had compared the POI of the Bayou 135s compared to 147s and or 124s. I know the best thing to do is buy a sample pack, but I do not have time before I need to place my order. Thanks!

Stands to reason that if the 147's were a little high and the 124's were POA then the 135's might be in the middle.

Makes sense to me too...

But the cool with a Glock is having two different front sights for 124/5 and 147 is not that big a deal and they are easy to change...

But I suspect 135's the differnce is too small to really notice.

Why would the 147g shoot high?? Thanks, Greg.

Eventually, as the distance increases, they will shoot low, but at closer distances, longer time in barrel after ignition allows barrel to tip up a bit more than with a 124 gr bullet, prior to bullet exiting muzzle.

Stands to reason that if the 147's were a little high and the 124's were POA then the 135's might be in the middle.

Makes sense to me too...

But the cool with a Glock is having two different front sights for 124/5 and 147 is not that big a deal and they are easy to change...

But I suspect 135's the differnce is too small to really notice.

That is exactly what I am hoping for. I think I am just going to buy the 135s and see how they do. If anyone has any hands on experience let me know.

I have shot well over 1500 of each. I use the 135s exclusively since they have the best combination of recoil pulse and muzzle flip. Through my ria rock ultra II 1911 fs poi and poa are the same. However, that was also true for the 124 bayou and 147s. I think some of it may have to do with gun weight as well though. The ria is 3lbs. Thats a heavy gun and any bullet really doesn't make a difference. What I have found different from 124 to 147 is that my follow up shots for 135 are much closer grouped than the 147s and 124 is negligible to the 135. The 135 is my go to rnd also since they don't need to be pushed as hard as the 124 but just hard enough to get complete burn and great groups at 136pf.

I honestly thing that the 147s are perfect in a glock due to the lighter frame. I shot exclusively 147s from my g34 and with 10-8 performance sights (their recommended height) my poi was spot on with poa as well.

Kind of curious if possibly grip is playing a part and the different felt recoil impulse is exposing different weak points? Or were you firing from a bench rest?

Edited by tcazes