Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Orders from henning.

Open1215

Hey guys. I ordered a few things from henning about a week ago. I know he doesn't normally do tracking numbers N that's fine. My question is how long does it normally take to get an order? I'm in fl. I can't recall the last few orders but I think they where really quick. I'm only concerned because we have had a few packages "dissappear" thanks to the a_-hole neighbor kids w nothing better to do but try and be "gansta"... any ideas? (Besides boobietraps) I think if i dont get anything by the 2 week mark ill call. Am I too hasty? I can't be home 24/7. Thankfully I know when UPS shows up and when the mail comes 5 out of 6 days but it's not always possible to be home then. I don't know when fedex dilevers.

Don't be concerned.....if you just can't take it call and speak to Maylee (spelling) and she will give you info. Henning has called me a few times and said just what are you doing to your gun??? I believe he cares, of course he would it's his business!!!

I've never had an issue with buying from him. If it was 20$ or 300$ he's always done me right. I just worry with what's been happening around the house. Maleman000 you got an email saying that your order shipped? Did it have tracking?

my order took a day or two to ship - did get a tracking number. Then it hit the USPS black hole that is Kirkland Washington.... I confirmed with them that they had everything in stock when I placed the order. Called them rather than just an online order.

I to placed a order last Tuesday and just today received a shipment email. I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the shipping from them myself.

Not to defend henning as such, but you do have to remember his is somewhat a boutique business. He does also travel and shoot around the place so from time to time there are delays. Having said that I do agree if there's a week delay in shipping something at the least there should be some communication with an explanation and a heads up about the delay.

I will say pretty much all the henning gear I've tried (and my open gun alone probably has $1000 of henning bits on it) have been nicely designed and nicely made. :)

I appreciate you saying you got an email w tracking. I couldn't recall. I just ordered another base pad N springs this time. At the same time last time I ordered a recoil spring N pin/but and it was shipped right out.

I don't want come across like I'm bad mouthing Henning not my intention. Just shipping took little longer then I anticipated and little bit of correspondence about such is nice.

Try ordering from the stoeger shop.....last 3 times now it has been painful! Still waiting on an order I placed on the 18th, with no communication from them, for some items I need to get to me before nationals next week. They're stock info is still not updated as everything I ordered was supposedly in stock, but wasn't. So now it's a waiting game on seeing if it gets here before wednesday.

Edited by Prov1x

I don't want come across like I'm bad mouthing Henning not my intention. Just shipping took little longer then I anticipated and little bit of correspondence about such is nice.

Try ordering from the stoeger shop.....last 3 times now it has been painful! Still waiting on an order I placed on the 18th, with no communication from them, for some items I need to get to me before nationals next week. They're stock info is still not updated as everything I ordered was supposedly in stock, but wasn't. So now it's a waiting game on seeing if it gets here before wednesday.

I am actually waiting on order from stoeger, and called to confirm items were in stock. I just feel at lose lately with some of these companies.

I am actually waiting on order from stoeger, and called to confirm items were in stock. I just feel at lose lately with some of these companies.

Well lucky enough they just got in the stuff, that I needed, yesterday so my order was shipped out and should be here by Tuesday at the latest. Thank goodness, because going to nationals without a backup gun would not be smart. Now both my stock 2's will have identical set-ups.

Just received notice my order shipped. When I selected eight to ten day shipping I figured it would be here in 8 to 10 days now that it would be shipped within 8 to 10. I guess that's what happens when you assume.

I agree. The parts are great! I just remembered shipping being quicker. As soon as I get this order (shipped to my old address ) not the new one that's listed in the confirmation email... I plan on buying another 200$ in parts for my open gun. Thank god its my mom N dad's house I used while moving so I will get the order. I will continue to order from him, just products are great. Thus wasn't a bash thread and I never ment it as that. I was worried about Shipping and packages disappearing

not to worry. It didn't read that way at all. I didn't really take anything negative from your post or open1215's post. I just wanted to allay your fears. :) the fact is henning is a small operation and like all small businesses sometimes other stuff gets in the way of delivering products to a schedule. throw in the fact that henning is a competetive shooter which involves periods of travel, and the fact that many parts he designs are made by small sub-contractors and it's easy to see how some delays can creep in.

I've always found his products to be a little pricey (but understandable given the small volume) but nicely designed and well made. In particular his base pads, magwell, and trigger system are parts no one else makes and resolve some of the small niggling issues that bothered me about my open tanfoglio. He was also kind enough to call me megal long distance in a foreign time zone to help talk through some issues I had once fitting parts that are known as needing fitting by someone who knows what they're doing (sear, hammer, trigger etc). That was nice of him. Many makers would just say "these are gunsmith fit parts, take it to a gunsmith". Long live the viking shooter and mad tanfoglio scientist I say!!

Henning has always returned my calls and walked me through issues and potential pitfalls I didn't foresee. He is a great resource for me. I am getting his new basepads that are in-transit as we speak.

Edited by Austin111

I Have the same issue when I order stuff from the west coast through usps. It always gets sent to Jacksonville, fl then gets delayed only to be sent to Tallahassee to be sent up north about 90 miles.

I recently aquired a Tanfo Gold Team in 9mm. A friend of mine has one in .40 and turned me to Henning for any upgrades I desire. So I ordered about $500 worth of stuff. I will admit there is no consistancy as to when they will answer the phone. This is simply because he is a one man shop trying to bang out product and the lady is most likely running errands etc. Typical small shop stuff and quite understandable. But when they do answer they go above and beyond to help you. As far as a post I saw saying thier order was slow to ship I am happy to say my expereince was quite contrary. I got my order within 2-3 days. If you own a Tanfo there is no better place to go for quality parts and help.