Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shadow...Now what mods?

beachbum17

Hi all,
Been shooting USPSA for about a year with glock 17 and xdm 5.25 with some mods and have always wanted a cz 75. After tying tricked out CZ triggers at the matches I'm sold on them. Been doing some research and I need your advice.
I just purchased a CZ Shadow because It had some nice upgrades over the 75B and are hard to find since 2011 discontinued. $819 oak Hill Guns
Trigger is better out of the box than 75, but much to be desired. I'm thinking Cajun Gun work, but open to CZC.
I shoot USPSA Production, but might try IDPA and want to tune it up, but keep it within production requirements and keep it SA/DA
From what I've read:
-13lb main spring (or 11.5lb)
-11lb Recoil spring (What recoil spring with the 11.5 mainspring?)
-Extended Firing Pin
-Reduced Firing Pin Spring
Also possible:
-trigger return pin
-The Disco production legal? Does this do anything to my Over travel Screw?
I shoot factory and some reloads and want to keep from light primer strikes so probably stick with 13lb main spring

I apologize for all the questions and appreciate the input. I plan on joining the CZ dark side :)

I saw that. great post and remarkable results. I have no need to replace the hammer imo its the champion hammer already, but perhaps do the pre-disco and do all the polishing in the link.

With the 11.5lb main spring are you still running 11lb recoil? Reliable with most factory ammo?

Get the reduced power trigger spring and floating trigger pin from CGW as well. Cheap and good insurance.

Trigger return springs seem to be a common wear item and the CGW is more durable and the floating pin makes swapping them a snap.

I think the CGW type 1 disco is a valuable upgrade and is Idpa and production legal.

Edited by ChaseMarshall

You can run the 11# recoil spring with any main spring you choose. If your shooting factory I would diff suggest the Extended FP and a 13# main. I run federal primers with my 11.5 main spring and it runs flawless but I also have the extended firing pin. I have also run CCI, and Winchester no problem. But if I was running factory loads I would prolly stick to the 13# main.

Edited by JamisonMcCollister

If I'm going to run the 13lb main spring which recoil spring should I use for factory ammo? Is the 11lb too light or should i go 12lb or higher for factory 115gr

Is it bad to use factory recoil spring with 13lb main spring and cgw firing pin/spring? i know there's suppose to be a ratio between the two

Edited by beachbum17

i ran the 11.5# over couple different factory ammo and had ZERO light strikes. but that is with extended pin and light firing pin spring. the 54420 part numbet from CGW.

Edited by biglou13