Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Florida

AvTech08

Hi Everyone,

I shoot mostly 9mm Luger, .45 ACP and .223 Rem with a few 30 Carbine thrown in for good measure. I've been wanting to learn to handload and researching how for a long time. I've decided the time to get started is now.

From the posts I've already read, I've picked up quite a few tips and things to think about as I move forward. I'm looking foward to learning a lot more.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Where at in Florida?

I'm in Jacksonville.

What club are you shooting at?

I'm a member of the Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club so I usually prefer to shoot there. When it gets too hot outside, I lean toward the indoor pistol range at the Gun Gallery. They opened a new indoor 25 yard indoor rifle range about 6 months ago, but I haven't had time to give it a try yet.

SEPSA in Fernandina Beach, SAPSA in St. Augustine, and Ancient City in St. Augustine, all of these are excellent USPSA clubs 8f you decide to go that way. For long range stuff, there is a 200 yard public range in Lake City, Gainesville Target Range has a long range, and Bradford Sportsman Club has an 800 yard range (last I heard they were making it even longer).

SEPSA in Fernandina Beach, SAPSA in St. Augustine, and Ancient City in St. Augustine, all of these are excellent USPSA clubs 8f you decide to go that way. For long range stuff, there is a 200 yard public range in Lake City, Gainesville Target Range has a long range, and Bradford Sportsman Club has an 800 yard range (last I heard they were making it even longer).

I am interested in USPSA and would like to learn more. Thanks for the leads!

One of the best ways to learn is to go to a match and observe/participate. Contact the Match Director and let them know you are interested, I'm sure they will get you tons of information and give you a chance to watch the activities. Of course, we are all here to help with questions alao.

One of the best ways to learn is to go to a match and observe/participate. Contact the Match Director and let them know you are interested, I'm sure they will get you tons of information and give you a chance to watch the activities.

Sounds like a plan to me. GrumpyOne led me to some clubs in the local area. I'll contact them and check out a match in person. Thank You!

Let us know how the match schedule goes. I might have some family moving to Jacksonville so visiting them often and catching matches would be great. The SEPSA and SAPSA matches are great but I haven't been in a while. Good luck!