Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trade benelli m1 for Beretta 1301

sac

Like the topic says trade my m1 for 1301. I had an 1187 that would work with all loads, traded it for my m1 and have not been happy with it. It recoils more and doesn't like as light of loads. So was thinking of trading for a 1301.

What is the consequences.

The consequence is that you'd be trading an early 2000s Ferarri for a 2015 camaro. The beretta is a fine gun, but you've already got a slightly older version of the best there is. The M1 loads better, points better, has better controls, and likes it when you play rough. The 1301 impulse is definitely not as light as your Remington. Learn to shoot 1150 fps 1 1/8 loads minimum out of the benelli and you'll be better off in the long run.

I'll trade you my awesome 930 JM Pro!!!!

Honestly, I just bought a M2, and once funds are replenished and I am able to buy another gun and find a good deal on one, I will be looking for another M2 or, if I find one cheap enough a M1 to be used as a back up gun and loaner gun to people at my club if they need something to shoot.

How "light" of load are you talking? My friend can run 950s out of his VM, and I run 1145s all day long out of my 930 and M2. My M2 has a full weight bolt as well, not lightened.

How "light" of load are you talking? My friend can run 950s out of his VM, and I run 1145s all day long out of my 930 and M2. My M2 has a full weight bolt as well, not lightened.

Lighten the bolt and the minimum load will increase in dram equivalent, not decrease. 2 3/4 dram loads should run M2s just fine. You can drop to 2 1/4 dram loads with some VMs.

The consequence is that you'd be trading an early 2000s Ferarri for a 2015 camaro. The beretta is a fine gun, but you've already got a slightly older version of the best there is. The M1 loads better, points better, has better controls, and likes it when you play rough. The 1301 impulse is definitely not as light as your Remington. Learn to shoot 1150 fps 1 1/8 loads minimum out of the benelli and you'll be better off in the long run.

A Camaro?!?!? WTF?!?

I'd consider the VM a Camaro. The 1301 is like a E46 M3, maybe it's not a Ferrari but it's a fine machine in its own right.

Besides, it's been my observation that there's a lot of Ferrari owners who can't drive for shit, then get beat by the M3 owner that spent all his money on track time....

I'll race my old M1 Ferrari with ya El Tigre. I probably don't know how to "drive it", but I'm game!

Alright Kurt, but only if you have the appropriate driving gloves and a smoking hot Italian girl riding shotgun. What are we talking about anymore?

I was offering to race my M1 Benelli against your 1301, in lieu of your observation and all. BTW, both of these guns are made in Italy so perhaps the M3 analogy isn't quite right.

And as long as we have to be correct about the country of origin, can the 1301 be a Pagani Huayra? I would say something really cool like a Lancia Stratos but then we're getting chronologically incorrect....

Maybe the correct analogy would be Ferrari vs Fiat. Benelli rules our game for a reason. You do need to run full power loads like 1200fps 1 1/8 ounce 3 dram. Funny thing is most people who shoot lighter loads have issues with knocking over steel and blame everything except their loads!

Negative good sir! I disagree, id rather have a whatever car analogy you want to use for a 1301 that will run on regular gas consistently than a Ferrari that has to have high octane or else it coughs and sputters.