Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new TS out shot my CM in limited config

Czman

My new baby - TS 9 mm with a small set of upgrades. Comp SA hammer (CZ Custom), flat aluminum trigger (CZ UB), Czechmate mag well (CZ USA), aluminum mag base (CZ Custom), and 0.215 inch - 0.9 mm Dawson fiber front. All stock springs, stock FP and stock sear. NO polish at all. Cut rubber grips. I am using stock rear sight, also as a slide racker.

Trigger pull is 1 lb 10 oz, very smooth and very crisp with 2 mm pre and 1 mm post travel.

Wow! I took it to the range and in my hands it out shot my CM in limited config.

More accurate, lesser recoil (nearly zero), and follow up shots were a breeze!

CM is still more comfortable to hold (cut under trigger guard, beaver tail) but in terms of balance and shooting feel I am in love with this TS. CM is not worth it for just limited use - fine if you want to own just one gun and go back and forth between limited and open or just stick with open. I am planning to use my CM just in open from here.

post-59296-0-12433000-1436496723_thumb.j

Trigger came from CZ UB. Shipping is expensive at 50 bucks or so but not too bad if you get a handful of parts at once. The trick with aluminum triggers is to handle them carefully. They bend easily. When re-using both the trigger spring pin and the trigger pin be sure to reduce one end of each so you can drive thru without bending the aluminum (learnt this lesson with one of my CM's).

Czechmate magwell is the best. Both the CZ Custom mag bases and the Springer ones fit well, as do the factory rubber/metal base pads.

Fyi, I had to use Wolff +10% with the CZ Custom mag pads to get 100% reliable slide lock.

Thanks for the reply, it seems cz-ub's website is having some issues right now. I will check back on that later.

Make sure you go to shop cz and not the general website - shop cz is running, see link above.

Can you post a picture of your CM next to your TS so we can compare the beavertail and trigger guard undercut? I removed the checkering on my TS and it feels awesome, but I think I could maybe go a little higher on the trigger guard? And I didn't touch the beavertail, so I don't know how much I could do on that.

I shot a CM in limited configuration last week. It was definitely a nice gun, and the 1.5lb trigger was sweet. The front sight being canted over every time the slide locked back was a bit of a distraction. There seems to be no way to prevent the front sight lug from canting over as soon as it is out of battery.

I shot a CM in limited configuration last week. It was definitely a nice gun, and the 1.5lb trigger was sweet. The front sight being canted over every time the slide locked back was a bit of a distraction. There seems to be no way to prevent the front sight lug from canting over as soon as it is out of battery.

Your front sight is loose, pivoting around the front sight pin? Not sure I follow. Mine has been installed tight and there is no play at all.

N

Did the comp hammer make a big difference in trigger pull?

Not the weight as much (few ounces) but big improvement in pre- and over- travel and smoothness / crispness. Go with the SA comp hammer from CZ USA - I found the fit / action better than conceal hammer - without any polishing.

Exactly this one.

Please notice Tangfoglio safety MAY NOT FIT

So does this mean a Tanfoglio safety *might* fit? I hate all of the CZ safeties that are available...loved the extended Tanfoglio safety...

Sweet pistol.

Get yourself a high LHS safety

This one? It's always out of stock. I could check Grauffel or other overseas sources..

http://czcustom.com/cztsextendedambisafetylhs.aspx

That has been out of stock for a long time. I called around a few months ago and was told by two people that some were on the way but nothing so far.

Exactly this one.

Please notice Tangfoglio safety MAY NOT FIT

So does this mean a Tanfoglio safety *might* fit? I hate all of the CZ safeties that are available...loved the extended Tanfoglio safety...
I wonder if anyone has ever fit one or at least tried?