Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P01 in idpa

JamisonMcCollister

I am interested in this as well. I just got my SP-01 Shadow a month or so ago and immediately fell in love with it. Since then I have been looking at the P-01 with thoughts of shooting it in CCP division. I am sure someone, somewhere is using this cheater gun to destroy the Glock 19's in CCP.

Let me know what parts you look at... I am looking at starting a build on my 75 compact

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

We have 3 guys shooting the 75 Compact. Seems to work well for them. None are shooting DA for the first shot.

Give me another few weeks and I will have one ready to run as well.

VZ grips, CGW - SS guide rod, sights, springs, adj sear, ext FP, and polished trigger bar and hammer.

I've shot mine in about 4 IDPA matches in CCP. Won a few matches overall and came in 2nd and 3rd in the other two. First shot DA wasn't an issue with the Cajun Gun Works parts. SA shots felt just like my tuned SP-01 with all it's Cajun goodies. I didn't think I was going to like the night sights and had a set of competition sight (FO front and black serrated rear) on order, but after the first match, it was a non-issue. I've also shot it in SSP with the 10 rounds instead of the 8 but it's really no big difference. Just a reload in a different spot per stage. The gun has been 100% reliable and it's also my carry gun so it's nice to shoot it in a few matches now and then.

The only reason I would shoot IDPA again is to shoot a RAMI BD in CCP, local matches only. I first need to get the RAMI. I haven't decided if I will do any upgrades. Probably won't. I would love to beat 90% of the shooters with a RAMI 100% stock.

The gamer gun built for CCP would be a fully cajunized IDPA legal pro package P-01 plus their comp sights, extended mag release, CZ Comp Hammer, stainless steel guide rod and heavy drop free mag brake . Main reason I would go with the P01 over 75 is you can get the extended mag release and beveled magwell. The 75 compact is only 4 oz heavier. In my opinion the other factors have more weight :devil:

Also there is no difference in trigger quality between a cajunized pistol with a decocker or safety. Is a decocker tougher to work on; yes but I pay David for that. :bow:

I already had a P-02 when the CCP thing came about. I have shot it in several local match and one sanctioned match.

I changed the sights, grips and some springs and a few CGW parts but did not change trigger or hammer. It shoots better than I do and is fun to shoot.

Alabama%202015%20CZ%204-17-2015%2012-35-

PCR is a steel frame and about 4oz heavier then the P01. PCR also comes with a safety vs decocker for condition 1 carry. I personal would go the P-01 route. I am just identifying the differences.

Edited by brisix