Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet dudes

3djedi

At those priced I could be loading Precision Delta.

Pass

Yup.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

How do you figure?

Precisondelta .40 180g go for about .12/ bullet (after bulk discount)

Bullet dudes .40 are about .09/ bullet (after 10% off for uspsa members)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dave33, did you get your bullet dude bullets? Loaded any?

Yes. I started a separate thread in this forum about that instead of clogging this one up. Loaded some last night, plan to shoot them tomorrow if nothing comes up.

Pass

Yup.

How do you figure?

9mm virtually the same price, but nothing beats copper jacket...

Pass...

Pass

Yup.

How do you figure?

So this is what I was looking at.

2000 124gr coated from Bullet Dudes, $174.28 shipped.

2000 124gr fmj from Precision Delta, $176 shipped.

2000 124gr jhp from Prcision Delta, $178 shipped. <---- (most accurate bullet I've tested for my gun)

I normally order 2k bullets at a time because I don't shoot as much as others. But if we were to look at ordering in a bit more of a bulk order (minus the discount for USPSA shooter, because I'm not one)...

5k 124gr from BD, $425.61 shipped.

5k 124gr fmj from PD, $440 shipped.

At such an insignificant difference in price, I'd rather have a less smokey bullet that I know is tried and true.

Pass

Yup.

How do you figure?

So this is what I was looking at.

2000 124gr coated from Bullet Dudes, $174.28 shipped.

2000 124gr fmj from Precision Delta, $176 shipped.

2000 124gr jhp from Prcision Delta, $178 shipped. <---- (most accurate bullet I've tested for my gun)

I normally order 2k bullets at a time because I don't shoot as much as others. But if we were to look at ordering in a bit more of a bulk order (minus the discount for USPSA shooter, because I'm not one)...

5k 124gr from BD, $425.61 shipped.

5k 124gr fmj from PD, $440 shipped.

At such an insignificant difference in price, I'd rather have a less smokey bullet that I know is tried and true.

I believe you have forgotten the 10% discount you can get by using the coupon code comp10 they mention on their website. That makes 5k of the 124gr $425.61-42.56= $383.05 per 5k, or 7.6 cents per. Precision delta is 8.9 cents per thousand as long as you order at least 2000. Precision delta and HAP's are currently the most accurate bullet I load, I will find out tomorrow what the bullet dude bullets will do. If they are at least close to as accurate they may make a good alternative as lead makes the same power factor with less powder so recoil should be a bit less.

Thanks for the price break down

Blue bullets 125 gr round come out to .0675

Some should keep a running table of bullet costs and sticky it.

Slight difference... It's what I ran tests on. And found supper accurate load

I tried blue bullets. Ordered a sample pack on thursday and they were delivered Saturday. Tested them out on Sunday and found they were very accurate. They turn your fingers blue but that's a small price to pay. I definitely will be trying some more!

• 1 month later...

I exchanged a couple emails with one of the bullet dudes a couple weeks ago. They were going to reship my original order as they have changed their alloy and expect much improved results over what I experienced with them. I was told about the replacement order probably three weeks before that. Apparently they are moving to a larger location that is going to increase their capacity significantly over what it is now. Also, the oven they use to bake the coating onto the bullets crapped out and they are replacing that as well. I was also told they have replaced their molds with new groove-less ones.

If I had to guess, they had much more success sooner than they thought they would and quickly outgrew the original setup, decided to move to a new location, are replacing/upgrading some equipment, and the whole thing is taking much longer than they thought it would. Again, this is a total guess. They could of taken drunk for all I know. What I do know is between the emails and phone calls I have had with them they seem like good guys that really want to sell a good product, and they are very active in the shooting sports. I have plenty of other bullets to shoot while I wait on them, and when they finally ship my replacement order Im going to load them, shoot them, and review them here in my other thread. Hopefully sooner than later.

If I had to guess, they had much more success sooner than they thought they would and quickly outgrew the original setup, decided to move to a new location, are replacing/upgrading some equipment, and the whole thing is taking much longer than they thought it would. Again, this is a total guess. They could of taken drunk for all I know. What I do know is between the emails and phone calls I have had with them they seem like good guys that really want to sell a good product, and they are very active in the shooting sports. I have plenty of other bullets to shoot while I wait on them, and when they finally ship my replacement order Im going to load them, shoot them, and review them here in my other thread. Hopefully sooner than later.

"Good news and bad news. I'll start with the good. All of our equipment and moulds are here, and we have a ton of lead staring at me dying to be turned into gorgeous boolits. But, we've hit a permit issue with the county that we're trying to get resolved, and it unfortunately involves electricity. It's kind of hard to make boolits without electricity. Never fear! I'll start posting daily updates from here on in to keep everyone in the loop. Once the county gives us the green light, we'll open the flood gates."

I know and shoot with one of the owners and can say they are good DUDES (pun intended).

Glad things are moving forward. I cancelled an order last month after speaking to one of the owners. I just needed the cash to order from someone else.

I will say the communication was excellent and easy as can be. I wish them luck and will try some of them when they get back up and running.