Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yes, guns are dangerous

Scooter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a blank and he was anywhere near his leg, I guarantee he would limp. As part of a civilian firearms training and safety class at the PD range in San Diego, we would demonstrate what a blank would do to a coke can at point blank range. The can was pretty much mangled and torn into bits. Just the air pressure alone can do major damage...remember the accident during the filming of The Crow? Brendan Lee died after being shot with a blank.

But you would think he'd need clearance from somebody to even fire a blank. I don't know a principal alive in a school district that would agree to that....

...remember the accident during the filming of The Crow?  Brendan Lee died after being shot with a blank.

Not to thread jack! Brandon Lee was killed when a blank was fired, but he was killed by a bullet that had been stuck in the barrel. The Director of the movie fired the gun wrangler because the gun wrangler thought some of the gun play was too dangerous and wouldn't do what the Director wanted. So the Director took over the gun wrangling. He wanted a scene where the camera looked down the barrel of the revolver and you could see the hollowpoint bullets in the chambers and the cylinder rotate as the trigger was pulled. Sooo he just pulled the bullets out of live ammo, dumped out the powder and re-seated the bullets in the primed cases! You can guess what happened next. The scene was filmed and nobody noticed that one of the 'dummy' rounds was missing a bullet. Then the gun was loaded with blanks and the rest is sad history.

John Eric Hexum killed himself by accident by sticking a gun loaded with blanks against his head and pulling the trigger. Evidently he was clowning around, stuck the gun to his head and probably said something to the effect of "Hey Y'all watch this!"

As for the DEA agent, he may not be the greatest firearms safety instructor, but maybe he's good at the rest of his job. He certainly looks and sounds as if he could play the roles required in drug busts.

Then again if the DEA is assigning him speaking engagements in schools.....

Nolan

At the 1995 National Tactical Invitationals, during one of the Simunitions stages, I become so tunneled in on the unfolding "gunfight" I was engaged in at one end of a hall that a SWAT team member was able to come up behind me and screw a Simunitions equipped SIG P226 into the back of my head. Afterward, he told me, "I considered pulling the trigger, but then I thought to myself, 'That'd probably hurt!'" Remembering good ol' John Eric Hexum, I said to him, "No, actually, it probably would have killed me."

Well, I can tell you for a fact that it wasn't staged. I heard about this incident way before the video was made public. I absolutely doesn't surprise me...sadly.

If some of you only knew.......