Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the Jager heavy steel guide rods SSP legal?

LeviSS

Beats me, but I think it would pass. Probably advertising puffery, steel is heavier than plastic, after all.

But I have a 1911 FLGR that is naked eye/bare hand heavier than others, approaching tungsten; yet it is magnetic. "Heavy Steel"?

They said the material is the same weight as stainless. The "hardened steel" is the same weight, the "heavy" rod is the same material, only thicker.

So are the heavy (thicker diameter) rods legal since the material itself is the same weight as stainless, there's just more of it.

You are not allowed to add weight in IDPA. However you can modify the gun for reliability. It's also an internal mod so fine in SSP.

I think the only guide rod that gets iffy in IDPA is the heavy extended version that is made for the Gen 3 slide.

It's "Heavy" because it's bigger. Larger diameter to run the Wolff springs only, allows me to go to .270 diameter as opposed to .241 diameter and add a little more weight. If you prefer to only run Wolff as opposed to ISMI it's a better option.

Thanks, Jager

I sent an email...fingers crossed.

Thanks for the responses!

Oh yeah...and I placed an order for the Gen4 23 guide rod and ismi spring.

Edited by LeviSS

Jager - you guys are awesome. I still can't believe I got a guide rod and spring as a gift.

I received it today. It is top notch quality! I can't wait to try it out.

Once again, I really appreciate you're generosity.

I have 3 Jager systems and they have all been perfect fit and function. I have tried other similar products and none have fit or work as well as the Jager items.

Now to get one for my Glock 19 to start shooting the new CCP division in IDPA.