Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does uspsa have a rule for putting membership status on hold for medic

magpulled

I'm not going to be able to shoot for 5-7 months and didn't know if my membership could be put on hold for that time frame. I know they do it for deployments but have not heard of medical exemptions.

Is there a point or advantage to putting it on hold for a few months? A few yrs ago I moved across country. Between packing/moving/renting/buying/moving again/unpacking & setting up my current loading room - I didn't shoot for 10 months. Nothing was put on hold, I just wasn't active for a while.

Your scores are handled by the local clubs that you shoot at, not headquarters (except classifier status). Unless the club website crashes, they usually are shown going back years. And if you don't shoot for 6 months, nothing happens, there's just no scores posted.

My guess is that the OP's question is related to not paying for time when he isn't able to shoot. Not sure what HQ would say about a medical leave, etc.

Is there a point or advantage to putting it on hold for a few months? A few yrs ago I moved across country. Between packing/moving/renting/buying/moving again/unpacking & setting up my current loading room - I didn't shoot for 10 months. Nothing was put on hold, I just wasn't active for a while.

Did you ask?

If I'm not active for 6 months will I loose any scores. I just don't want to have to start my scores over.

No, your classifiers will be maintained. Even if your membership lapses, they retain your classification and you get that back when you renew.

Call them and ask, the worst they can say is no.

Did you ask?

Ask for what? All classifiers are on record from the day I joined USPSA. As long as your membership doesn't lapse, not being active for a month or 6 months is the same thing - or am I missing something in the original post/question.

yeah, what are we missing here? So what if you don't shoot for 5-6 months? I had surgery on my wrist back in April and have not been allowed to pick up my 9mm and won't for probably another 1-2 months ... means nothing WRT my USPSA membership ....

Did you ask?

Ask for what? All classifiers are on record from the day I joined USPSA. As long as your membership doesn't lapse, not being active for a month or 6 months is the same thing - or am I missing something in the original post/question.

Ask for your membership to be put on hold? This would extent it out so you are not paying for something you can't use. There's a difference in just not using something versus you can't use something. I know for deployments they will put it on hold but when I went on mine, I was a Life member already so it didn't matter for me. You were moving so could you have used it?...sure, in a pinch maybe. In the case of Nimitz, he could probably shoot weak hand for a while :)

My point was I was wondering if you can't use a membership that has an expiration term on it, what conditions are there for putting it "on hold" until you can resume shooting.