Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC accushadow VS STock II/III

3djedi

Does anybody have both? I'm curious for an honest opinion on which is better for production and why. I have an opportunity to buy any of these but I'm stuck on which one to get. I feel like the CZC is probably pretty much ready to rock and the Stocks will need upgrades and trigger work added to be ready to rock.

My problem is can't handle any of them(online purchase) and don't know anyone around who has one or both.

I know this is a CZ forum but maybe someone has tried both or has both and can give some insight on this. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've never had an accu, but I've had a few Shadows, a Stock II and a Stock III I haven't shot yet #kneelingatlasproblems

Like I said I haven't put the SIII through it's paces yet and each has it's advantages (the grip checkering on the Tanfos is far superior), but I lean towards the Shadow as my favorite. The Italians are the sexiest though :wub:

I have all three.

The accushadow is ready to go, out of the box - just find a girp that fits your hand well. I have relatively large hands...so I have always preferred the hand-feel of the large-frame S2/S3, until I found the Nill Grips (and put them on my accu).

I had my S2 and S3 internals polished etc by Jim Jones. The work is awesome but the trigger on the S2/S3 has a much longer pre-travel than the accu. I assume the longer pre-travel is due to the S2/S3 having firing pin blocks (to be production legal).

I have found the accushadow to be more accurate than the S2 (probably that hand-fit bushing that does it) - though I don't have enough comparison shots on the S3 to speak to that one's accuracy. The S3's finish is the least durable. Though I agree with Atlas that the Tanfos look both look better than the accu.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts. Good luck!

Edited by matts2k

Pretty much everything you said matt2k. I have an accushadow and two small frame stock IIIs. I like the triggers far better on the accushadow, but I love the checkering and grip on the stock IIIs, I can get much better feedback. If I could get an accushadow with the long ass beavertail of a tanfo and more aggressive checkering, I'd be a happy camper.

It is possible to get a really good trigger on a tanfo, but the reverse FPB lifter design and the short hammer spring design is really frustrating to work with.

I have a pair of stock II's and a pair of Stock III's and I had a Shadow from Mink for a few weeks. I simply couldn't adjust to the CZ being such a Tanfo person. I think the ergonomics of the Tanfo for me at least are the decision maker for me. The CZ will have a better trigger but you can make a good trigger on the Tanfo. Accuracy I think is very close. I have seen a Stock II group better than an Accushadow but I can't really speak enough on CZ's as I haven't shot them enough. The beavertail and the checkering make the pistol to me with the Tanfos. The Stock III is a little more nose heavy than the Stock II which I think makes it quite soft and helps with recoil but I have gone back to the Stock II. Simply in my mind it is just the best there is in a Production gun ( FOR ME, just my opinion). I will say you couldn't go wrong with any of the three though

I've got several PRD guns that I've toyed with; Accu's, Stock 2 9mm's, Stock 3 9mm's, Sig X5 Allround's, Sig P226 USPSA model's, Beretta Elite II's, and a few others.

For me, hands down the best pistol is the CZ Accu. I love everything about it except for the grip. I don't hate the grip, It's just a little on the thin side even with the CZC thick lemon grater grips. I really prefer the grip size of the large frame Stock 2 or 3. I even prefer the X5 grip to the Accu. But I really prefer the trigger of my Matt Mink tuned CZ Accu. The trigger is much more smooth and crisp than on any other gun. And the balance on the Accu seems almost perfect. I have noticed that with rapid fire with the load I'm shooting (147gr Xtreme over 3.6gr of IMR PB) that the Stock 3 sights barely seem to flinch, less than the Stock 2 or Accu. The Stock 3 sights are back on target quicker than Stock 2 or Accu. It's like shooting a pellet gun. Maybe because of more weight on the slide towards the muzzle?

Slow fire, freestyle, while standing, groupings at 20 yards for me were all practically identical with Accu, Stock 2, Stock 3, and X5 Allround. They were all grouped tight. The P226 USPSA's and Elite II's grouped very well, but not quite as well as the others. I'm sure someone with younger eyes and a more steady hand could shoot a noticeable difference, but i couldn't.

We have folks shooting both who have tried both, and making master with both. Some with larger hands or who just like how the stock II fits prefer that. Those with smaller hands or who love a short crisp SA trigger prefer the Accu. You can bulk up accu grips a little, as well as try thin extreme tanfo grips. If you can't try both, seems like pick one and practice. And no one who did Glock before has gone back, LOL. (Have had both CZ/tanfo at same time)

Edited by trgt

I have the CTS LS-B .40 if that'd be close enough, the single action version, a few years old. You could put a DA trigger in to make it a B, the rollmark only says CTS :-)