Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Parts Order

hlpressley

Looking at ordering the necessary parts to improve my newly acquired SP-01 Shadow. What parts would you guys as more experienced CZ shooters recommend that I get? I would love to just send it in to David @ CGW for their Pro Package upgrade but unfortunately they aren't taking on anymore work for a while from my understanding. I figured I would just purchase all of the parts and have a local gunsmith do the installation. With that said, what would you all recommend? Keep in mind that I would like to keep the gun IDPA as well as USPSA Production legal.

Thanks in advance for any advice and or suggestions that you would be willing to share.

Extended firing pin and reduced power spring. (Come together)

11.5 lb hammer spring

Reduced power trigger return spring (buy an extra for back up)

CGW trigger pin

Type 1 disconnector

H-pin ( hammer pin)

If you want to spend more and make it the best it can be also buy these:

CZC competition hammer (do not buy the CGW race hammer -not IDPA or production legal)

Adjustible sear (these two can be bought together

Another hammer pin.

All of this is available from the CGW site.

You will want to buy the starter punch if you don't have one.

Look at this thread for info on where to polish:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773

I just did all this and I am very happy with the results, a new customer of mine shot it and told me to do one for him just like mine.

Edited by ChaseMarshall

Little more work but the hand fit type 3 disconnector will give you almost no SA pre-travel.

Also replace the front sight with the .095 and rear with CZC Comp rear.

Kneelingatlas actually likes the stock shadow hammer over the comp one.

I tried fitting a type 3 disco per the instructions that atlas "I believe" provided. However the end result didn't feel any different than my type 1 disco. I'm guessing that maybe I just did something wrong. I just grinding away at the are it said to until the trigger would reset as it was supposed to.

Your type 1 probably was tight in your pistol giving you a small amount of SA pre-travel. I have felt pre-75B disconnectors that had as little SA pre-travel as hand fit disconnectors.