Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting banner at a 3-gun over the weekend

bmiller

Not at Ironman. An A5 broke in half on stage 7 during the OLHOT match. Same place they always do, where the mag tube meets the receiver. :(

Same happened with my M2 and I've watched it happen with a Versamax at Blue Ridge a couple years ago. We toss them in barrels and parts can break. The receiver being cut too far is the known weakpoint on the A5.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure we are talking about the new one, which is inertia driven like a Benelli, but with a hump in it so it looks like the old one. Interesting aside the original A5 is also an inertia system, but instead of the bolt carrier compressing the "inertia spring" the barrel recoiled back to actuate the gun, that is why you can't run a barrel clam on the old A5. They lightened the heck out of it so it wouldn't feel like a dog and that is why the receiver is a bit on the weak side if you take the old Dremel to it.

Wanna change your game??? Never miss and target, nail your reloads, dope a course of fire and know how to move and shoot.

Wanna know how to do all that??? Take a class from Red Neck Tactical.

Guess I need to start bugging that Okie/Wyoming guy to teach a class.

Besides being out of production why don't people use the old A5? I have a 20 & 12, dad has 20, 16, & 12 all are Belgium made. I guess they just don't look cool or are considered old school. But hey I use a MOA Stoeger and my son uses a Benelli for 3gun.

Edited by Mike41

Besides being out of production why don't people use the old A5? I have a 20 & 12, dad has 20, 16, & 12 all are Belgium made. I guess they just don't look cool or are considered old school. But hey I use a MOA Stoeger and my son uses a Benelli for 3gun.

Because fools believe them to be "collector items" and cost as much as competing guns.

Because fools believe them to be "collector items" and cost as much as competing guns.

Every man in my family since my great grandfather has owned and hunted with an A5. I have a nice collection of them in the safe. To me, they are collectors items and wont be shot anymore. My boys will probably get a nice browning something or another when they are old enough though just to carry on the tradition. I wish Browning would release a classic A5 again though! Today I hunt with bennellis and stogers and compete with the same... Im not sure I could chop up an old A5 :)