Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The art of angling...

benos

One thing really stood out in most of the article to me. The fact that this champion angler had come to feel that he should use ONE rod whatever the type of fishing he was doing. His explanation of his rationale made me think of myself and my SIX different guns I shoot on a semi regular basis. That can't be good. I know I have seen Flex say - how many times? - Pick one and shoot or seen others say Shut up and shoot - or something similar. For some reason this article kind of touched home in that regard.

If I had burned ammo in an amount to equal the money I have spent on the latest and greatest new "widget" or gun....???? :huh:

One thing really stood out in most of the article to me. The fact that this champion angler had come to feel that he should use ONE rod whatever the type of fishing he was doing. His explanation of his rationale made me think of myself and my SIX different guns I shoot on a semi regular basis. That can't be good. I know I have seen Flex say - how many times? - Pick one and shoot or seen others say Shut up and shoot - or something similar. For some reason this article kind of touched home in that regard.

If I had burned ammo in an amount to equal the money I have spent on the latest and greatest new "widget" or gun....???? :huh:

Merlin

I believe we had that conversation the other night! The one where I am gonna only shoot Limited and try to master one discipline! As I remember, you were naysaying me <_<

LMAO.

Just pullin' your leg man!

:)

As I always say, "Good principles are good principles."

I really liked this from the article:

"Pure shooters or casters seem to work best when working from a level free of conscious thought where they achieve a perfect rhythm between mechanics and intuitive action. Conscious though for most is an unwelcome intruder, which disturbs that perfect rhythm, that perfect stroke, or perfect cast. That’s often the main reason that you see some of the greatest shooters’, when they have time to think, are not even average when shooting free throws."

Thanks for sharing BE!

I wish I had the nerve to be a Pro Angler. I know I would be successful. My fantasy job would be being a light tackle saltwater flats guide. I know I could do it. I know my customers would come back, I just don't have the nerve to go for it. :(