Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy Officially

deerassassin22

Just started shooting revolver today I have to learn how to shoot double action. a few things I noticed my shots are kind of scattered but this is the first time I shot a revolver still learning how to use the proper grip. The gun is a 625 JM 4 inch with an action job and fiber sights. I zeroed it off of sandbag but noticed my sights are bottomed out and I'm still about 2 inches high any thoughts look forward to any advice you guys can give me. Got my first match with it tomorrow IDPA style match will see how good I do and How many targets I miss LOL.

Edited by deerassassin22

I don't have a micrometer right now but my buddies gonna let me borrow them tomorrow I'm in the process of moving. I'm shooting 230 grain black bullet distance was up 15 yards. Shooting off hand and bagged. I also noticed today I got a blister on my trigger finger from the trigger so I'm in a have to smooth that out a little. Got my first match tomorrow morning.

What height front and rear? What weight bullet? Does it hit high when fired off hand?

Front Height. .250

Width. 125

Factory rear

I was thinking about going with a .280 tall same width by Dawson precision

Edited by deerassassin22

Hey man that was a pretty solid match for first time with a wheel gun. And only dropping one on a star is never something to complain about. I know plenty of guys who shoot revolvers that still expend to cylinders on a star. :P