Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Hotel

10mmdave

Hello folks, since a few of youse have gone to the SC I thought this would be a

good place to start.....

I've checked the SC web site and they do not (at this time) list a match hotel or

any hotel suggestions, anyone here have some idea's ??

Also, I want to shoot 2 revo's, 1 optic, 1 iron, but the entry form splits these 2

guns up ?? So so I pick Revo Optics and Limited Div. ??

Thanks for any help.

There's a couple common places to stay-- either somewhere near the match hotel in/near Valencia, or in Fillmore. Piru is between the two, maybe a little closer to Fillmore. Being near the match hotel is handy if you're likely to make the shootoffs (they post the list there at night) or want to hang with your fellow shooters during off times.

• 1 month later...

The Hilton across from majic mountain is the match hotel and a nice place to boot.

It is close to a lot of restaurants and has a nice hot breakfast ( not free).

I havent been to ventura but i hear it is very close to the ocean.

James

Anymore thoughts on Hotels?

What about shipping ammo etc. and gun friendly hotels that accept shipped packages?

Thanks.

Paul

Good question Paul, what do folks do about getting their ammo out to the SC...

Ship to hotel

Ship to SC range

Ship to ????

Any actual suggestions that have worked for past attendee's would be very helpfull,

coming out from the right coast we are trying to save as much $$$ as we can

(well at least I am :) )

Best bet is pile it on somebody driving. Otherwise I've had OK luck shipping ammo to the range or to the hotel. The hotel just call in advance and tell them you're expecting a package-- they probably don't want to know what's in it. The range works, but we had a near-panic a few years ago when a box went astray there--- in any case, get package tracking, it was the only thing that found the box.

See the threads on shipping ammo for more details on that.

If I were shooting just one gun, that would be fine. I am shooting two guns plus practice rounds. Could come between 800 - 1000 rounds.

180 rounds in a perfect world. By no means am I perfect. Close though :lol:

Yes, SoCal has allowed several Walmarts to be built here ;)

Finding one should not be too big a problem but they do not always have ammo in the quantity we need.

There is a 6 Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA - The match hotel is at the enterance. There are a couple other - Holiday Inn, etc. as well. I think there is also a Fairfield Inn in Santa Clarita that donated some GC's to the match last year. About $ 90 / night. I have no idea what the match hotel is.

• 4 weeks later...