Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open holsters.

Open1215

Ok. I know it has been discussed a few times here. I think I asked this before on a thread I can't find. Any way, please pardon any redundancy. I got my gun back recently and love how it shoots. i still need to get some chrono time in but for now i am thrilled with the gun. i need to purcase the following before i shoot any matches, HOLSTER, POUCHES, 1 or 2 170mm mags. and finally aftermarket followers/ springs for my existing 2 mags. (belt for set up)

At the moment i am looking at the DAA tanfo holster with magnetic insert. I like the option to swap out incerts to fit different pistols if i choose to shoot a different gun/class i can keep the same holster. i had a CR speed for my open glock. i liked it but i think i would perfer something without the bottom hanger.

SOOO... World wide web of shooting knowledge, what holster, pouches set up are you running and how do you like it???? thank you all for reading!

I just purchased a complete DAA setup for my Tanfo Limited. Pro belt, Race Master pouches and Race Master magnetic holster. This is my first foray into any kind of race holster, so it is taking some getting used to. I will say that sometimes it feels like the gun is difficult to lock into the holster, but that may just be me not having the technique perfected. FWIW, I've only had the holster a couple weeks and I haven't been able to do much practice with it up to this point. I'm planning on doing lots of dry fire in the coming week, so hopefully I'll have a better feel for it in a few days.

20150526_191515_zpsh6zotzky.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618

I just purchased a complete DAA setup for my Tanfo Limited. Pro belt, Race Master pouches and Race Master magnetic holster. This is my first foray into any kind of race holster, so it is taking some getting used to. I will say that sometimes it feels like the gun is difficult to lock into the holster, but that may just be me not having the technique perfected. FWIW, I've only had the holster a couple weeks and I haven't been able to do much practice with it up to this point. I'm planning on doing lots of dry fire in the coming week, so hopefully I'll have a better feel for it in a few days.

With the DAA holster, make sure the bottom of the trigger guard is parallel with the bottom of the locking block. If its at an angle it wont' lock in.

When I put my gun back in the holster I make sure its square and push just slightly to the rear as I push it down into the block and it locks in perfect every time.

Also when you draw, make sure you don't pull towards your body at all or it will feel like its hanging up/dragging.

Ok. I know it has been discussed a few times here. I think I asked this before on a thread I can't find. Any way, please pardon any redundancy. I got my gun back recently and love how it shoots. i still need to get some chrono time in but for now i am thrilled with the gun. i need to purcase the following before i shoot any matches, HOLSTER, POUCHES, 1 or 2 170mm mags. and finally aftermarket followers/ springs for my existing 2 mags. (belt for set up)

At the moment i am looking at the DAA tanfo holster with magnetic insert. I like the option to swap out incerts to fit different pistols if i choose to shoot a different gun/class i can keep the same holster. i had a CR speed for my open glock. i liked it but i think i would perfer something without the bottom hanger.

SOOO... World wide web of shooting knowledge, what holster, pouches set up are you running and how do you like it???? thank you all for reading!

I like the DAA Racemaster Magnetic. The non-magnetic was a real hunk of poo, but they got it right with the magnetic block.

Edited by Nealio

If you just want to guve it away I will 100% take it! Pm me if you like I will cover shipping.

This is not the classifieds so technically I can't list an item "for sale" here. ;-)

But I am open to offers....

Edited by Prov1x

I like the Safariland 014. I went with this because it's what I see most of the top open shooters using (unless they're sponsored by some other brand :roflol: ) I figured there must be a reason for using that holster. I've been using it for over 2 years now and have had no problems with it.

I'm looking for a holster for my limited. Didn't like the DAA Magnetic insert and sold my Racemaster.

You got any pics of your Safariland 014? Does it draw smoothly and you can come out of it at any angle or do you have to pull straight up like the DAA? Any mods you had to do?

You do have to pull up, but only a fraction, maybe 1/8" (never actually measured it) and it releases. No mods. Don't have a picture of my current pistol, but here's one from last year.

post-56380-0-18763500-1433004014_thumb.j

You do have to pull up, but only a fraction, maybe 1/8" (never actually measured it) and it releases. No mods. Don't have a picture of my current pistol, but here's one from last year.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at CR Speed as well but I think it has to be adjusted some and I don't like messing with holsters like that. I want a plug and play holster, my bladetech works well but I like the open style holsters for my limited gun.

Really like my Manny holster, but hate the optional leg "pad". Other than having to use a toothbrush to clean of some plastic shaving I haven't had to adjust anything, and the picture shows how well it locks in there.

Tangholster_zpsfbb8f04d.jpg