Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POF trigger

rugerdawg

I have two of them. They are rugged, durable and ignite the CCI41 primers. They are good but the reason we do not see more of them in 3Gun is that they are a little heavier than what most people like. I have put them in several LEOs ARs and they love them.

I have one also , it looks to be another quality product from POF

One thing I noticed is that the trigger is longer than a standard Mil spec.

I tried to install one in a DPMS LR 308 lower receiver but had to trim the tip

off to keep from touching the trigger guard.

The reason for the 4.5lb pull weight of the POF trigger is so that it complies with the minimum pull weight requirements of may LEO agencies for patrol rifles.

Mick

I have one on my SBR, but I'm kind of a newby as triggers go. It works well. For me on short shots, but to go long, I think a two stage would be a better choice. There seems to be little travel, and as pointed out above, 4.5# pull I tend to jerk it a little, so beyond 200 yards I'm struggling a but-- that combined with the low velocities, I have kind of stacked the deck against myself.

Just tried one out, dry fired it.

Has a bit of creep, but not bad.

Only trigger I have to compare it with is a JP, which is not a drop in, but far crisper and has a shorter reset.

I have one in a lower I built a few months ago. Had an odd experience trying to get it installed. I was using an Aero Precision lower, and the POF trigger pack wouldn't fit - I couldn't get it to go far enough forward for the pin holes to line up right. I tried it in three stripped Aero lowers that I had, and it was the same for all of them.

Pulled the trigger out of a (vintage 2004) Stag lower, and the POF fit just fine there.

The tight fit in Aero lowers is not confined to the POF trigger pack. Some others also exhibit this same phenomenon. The Aero lowers are tight in the trigger cutout area...

Mick

I have one in a lower I built a few months ago. Had an odd experience trying to get it installed. I was using an Aero Precision lower, and the POF trigger pack wouldn't fit - I couldn't get it to go far enough forward for the pin holes to line up right. I tried it in three stripped Aero lowers that I had, and it was the same for all of them.

Pulled the trigger out of a (vintage 2004) Stag lower, and the POF fit just fine there.