Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is there a source for a CZ75 magwell that's STEEL instead of alumi

rukwikenuf

i've been looking for one for a while, and i keep coming up empty. part of me wants to just say SCREW IT and order up the aluminum magwell, take a hundred measurements, make one out of stainless and then SELL the aluminum one. then i realize that it's not really feasible.

so, if anyone knows of a source for a CZ Magwell (to fit the 75B, 85 and SP01) that's steel, stainless steel or any other variation of these metals, please let me know!

Or, what about an ICE magwell for a Tactical Sport?! That is my only gripe about my Zev stainless on my Glock, that it has gotten pretty beat up from reload practice. being able to just pop out the insert and have a brand new magwell would be awesome.

I'd say your best bet would be to customize a Canyon Creek magwell for a Witness Match: http://www.shop.canyoncreekcustom.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=3

It's for large frame so it would take a little welding/blending, plus mods for the main spring plug, but its possible.

What's wrong with the aluminum one?

Ludde,my concern is hardness, not weight. Brass is still softer than steel. I think I'll order an aluminum one and try to mill one out of stainless

If you are successful, make me one. It will help defray the costs. ;)

Actually, if you are serious, I could send you my magwell to do the measurements with.

I had my magwell Type III hard anodized in black and then Ion bonded with the rest of the pistol. It's holding up pretty well but it does have some signs of impact. A stainless version would be nice. If CZ Custom is machining their own "in house", I'm sure for the right amount of cash they could slow their feeds down and put a block of Stainless in their mill for you. Have you given them a call?

I have both aluminium and Brass magwells.

The Aluminium was on my Primary gun for 3 years, it took serious beating ( I train dryfire 5 days a week) . ( 70~100 reloads per dayx5x52x3 ) so it was not worn out even after 60,000 reloads. it is beaten up. BAD, but still could work.

Brass is significally heavier, but when the gun with Full mag in is ~2kg, the 200 gramms difference is not a big deal

post-37934-0-95360100-1432991508_thumb.j

I haven't called them. However, it's worth a try, right?

Ludde,I'd gladly make one for you, but as for borrowing your current magwell, not right now. I'm quite busy with the molds at the cnc shop i work at, i don't think is be able to get a mill for a few weeks or more!

I haven't called them. However, it's worth a try, right?

Ludde,I'd gladly make one for you, but as for borrowing your current magwell, not right now. I'm quite busy with the molds at the cnc shop i work at, i don't think is be able to get a mill for a few weeks or more!

I've got a CAD file of one if you'd like to base it from....just hit me up.