Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diff between CZ 75 and 85?

mrgrabow

85 offers ambi slide stop and ambi safeties.
combat model has no firing block (like Shadows) and small adj. rear sight and trigger with overtravel screw.

75 models some have ambi safeties now and offered in a decocker model

Edited by eerw

So, can you get the trigger on an 85 Combat as good as the trigger on a Shadow?

Not really.

85 does have the trigger with overtravel screw.

as does the SHadow.

but the 85 uses the factory hammer with long hammer hook.

the shadow uses a better hammer with shorter hammer hooks and thicker profile.

Yeah. I'm not talking out the box, I'm talking about gutting it and replacing parts like a czc, automatic accuracy, or CGW built gun. Just wondering if it's doable to get it as nice as a worked over shadow, considering the base gun is a couple hundred cheaper than a base 75 shadow.

Will most of the 75 guts work on it?

Edited by tha1000

Roger that. I have a Mink built SP-01, but wouldn't mind picking one of these up to tinker with. Thanks for the info.

Hi tha1000... how are you liking the Mink SP-01? Have you shot a comparable CZC or CGW varient? Just curious and thanks!

Roger that. I have a Mink built SP-01, but wouldn't mind picking one of these up to tinker with. Thanks for the info.

Hi tha1000... how are you liking the Mink SP-01? Have you shot a comparable CZC or CGW varient? Just curious and thanks!

It's pretty freakin awesome. I've never shot a CGW or CZC sp-01. DA/SA is about 6lb/2lb on it and it's as smooth as glass. Single action is very crisp, no creep, very little take up or over travel. I'm yet to really put it through the paces as I am not shooting USPSA right now and I REALLY love my Tactical Sport. I bought it used and the only thing I'd do different if I were ordering it myself would be to have a different trigger. It has the black sp-01 trigger, which is a bit more curved than I like. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'd probably rather the 85 style trigger instead.

Edited by tha1000

I've got an accu from czc and a target non-accu from mink. Czc trigger is a little lighter but I suspect it will need a new hammer way b4 the mink shadow will. Other than that there really close.