Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport Super Ghost holster

selecw

I could not find a Ghost holster to fit the TS. The SP-01 and TS trigger guards are a very similar shape, but different thicknesses. I eventually went with a DAA magnetic holster for the SP-01 and modified the block to fit the TS. It was easay and there was not much material to remove. I did it with a file.

I did. I went with the DAA RM Magnetic, because if I screwed up the modification, $50 would buy me another block. I also like the Rm much better.

BTW, kneelingatlas has several TS guns and says that the CR Speed WSMII universal works just fine. However, you have to raise the muzzle rest so there is no slop to get it to work with the TS.

Czhase.. any issues with the draw? Or does jon49erfan just need to keep practising ? ;)

Jon may be correct that there some issues with the draw. I didn't notice any, but I only used it for two matches and switched to the bladetech. Almost all of my competitive shooting has been in production and the bladetech felt closer to my production setup.

• 2 months later...

Here's an update after several months and lots of matches ...

I ended up using the Safariland 014 with my Stock III. It works really well and I like the holster a lot. It's fast and secure. It seems well made (although the paint rubs off in certain places). However, the Stock III is my back up Limited gun ....

The TS won't fit in the 014, so I ended up using the Bladetech Pro Series Speed rig. The TS fits it ok and draws quite fast (sub second for me in dry fire), but even with the retention screws really torqued down it never feels very secure (in 3gun I try to run with my hand on the gun). I'm still using it but am looking at the CR Speed WSM2.

Are you sure the TS wont fit in the 014 or do you just need more practice?

:D

I also tried to use the Pro Series Speed rig and found the same as you. Just didnt feel secure enough for 3 gun. I went with a normal Blade tech for 3 gun and it has worked great so far. The way I see it, if it works for MGM Ironman, it will work for anything.

Here's an update after several months and lots of matches ...

I ended up using the Safariland 014 with my Stock III. It works really well and I like the holster a lot. It's fast and secure. It seems well made (although the paint rubs off in certain places). However, the Stock III is my back up Limited gun ....

The TS won't fit in the 014, so I ended up using the Bladetech Pro Series Speed rig. The TS fits it ok and draws quite fast (sub second for me in dry fire), but even with the retention screws really torqued down it never feels very secure (in 3gun I try to run with my hand on the gun). I'm still using it but am looking at the CR Speed WSM2.

Quit jumping around with the safariland and WSM2 and order yourself a DAA if you are using it for USPSA/IPSC. for 3 gun I would go with a regular bladetech, only to protect the gun more (I don't personally wouldn't want to be bashing my fancy gun and my fancy holster into stuff all the time, a kydex bucket offers a lot more protection) because the DAA is as secure as they come with the lock engaged. And my draw is hardly even noticeably slower with the lock engaged vs off. So if you don't mind smacking your gun on stuff, just use the race master for everything!

Does the DAA require modification to the block (mentioned above) or are you talking about a different version ?

It requires a tiny bit of fitting yes, but I used my mini file set and about 15 minutes of file, check, file check and it is perfect.

Does the DAA require modification to the block (mentioned above) or are you talking about a different version ?

It requires a tiny bit of fitting yes, but I used my mini file set and about 15 minutes of file, check, file check and it is perfect.

Go to 1:25 in the video.