Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ hammer

chetc

Since i am a toolmaker , machinist, i am curious if anyone has ground down the hooks on the hammer where the sear engages, i have a new CZ 75B SA with about 20 shots out of it, but i see it has a mile of creep, so far i am going to order the SAO trigger. remove the firing pin block, remove the lever and replace with a spacer, and change some springs, if i dont grind down the hooks and reharden them, i may try the race or competition hammer. am i missing anything while i have it apart, will also do a polishing of some mating parts.

Chet

when i remove the firing pin block, can i leave it as is, or do i need to put something in the hole, i cant seem to quite understand what needs to go in the hole for what purpose.

The 75 Shadow SA is $300 more than the normal SA and has a different hammer, sights, and a non FPB slide. To me, I'd get the standard SA and do the work yourself and save money. Since the gun isn't Production legal anyway, pulling the fpb isn't a big deal.

The 75 Shadow SA is $300 more than the normal SA and has a different hammer, sights, and a non FPB slide. To me, I'd get the standard SA and do the work yourself and save money. Since the gun isn't Production legal anyway, pulling the fpb isn't a big deal.

Well besides the cooler looking rollstamp, I prefer not to have guns that use a crosspin to retain the firing pin.

It also comes with the 75 champion hammer, 1.5mm Fiber Optic Front & Fixed Rear Sights, Alimunum SAO trigger with overtravel adjustment, and a lighter recoil and main springs.

http://czcustom.com/CZ75SHADOWSABLACK.aspx

Edited by himurax13

Well besides the cooler looking rollstamp, I prefer not to have guns that use a crosspin to retain the firing pin.

It also comes with the 75 champion hammer, 1.5mm Fiber Optic Front & Fixed Rear Sights, Alimunum SAO trigger with overtravel adjustment, and a lighter recoil and main springs.

I know what the differences are, thats why I listed them. The trigger is just a stock 75 SA trigger. The hammer and sights are $150. Paying the extra money to stay in production makes sense, but this isnt production legal so who cares? Save the other $150 and buy ammo.

I know what the differences are, thats why I listed them. The trigger is just a stock 75 SA trigger. The hammer and sights are $150. Paying the extra money to stay in production makes sense, but this isnt production legal so who cares? Save the other $150 and buy ammo.

The SA triggers I have received in the past were plastic. Plus you can save the money on not having to buy a new hammer, sear spacer, new sights, fitting the sear to the safety without screwing up the sear, assorted springs, and have something that is worth a tad more than a B modeled CZ. I also like the dovetail and sight options of the Shadow slide a bit more.

Edited by himurax13

since i already have the CZ75B SA i am going to rip it apart and do the normal polishing of parts where needed ect. i might be taking it apart more than once (LOL) so i want to replace the pins with ones that do not have to be peened or staked, i am going to machine the hooks will be taking it apart a few times unless i get lucky on the first try, looking for suggestions on what pins i will be needing ect, and if someone knows the thickness of the spacer, and the ID and the OD that goes in the place of the lever for the FPB. so i can machine one up ahead of time

thanks

Chet

since i already have the CZ75B SA i am going to rip it apart and do the normal polishing of parts where needed ect. i might be taking it apart more than once (LOL) so i want to replace the pins with ones that do not have to be peened or staked, i am going to machine the hooks will be taking it apart a few times unless i get lucky on the first try, looking for suggestions on what pins i will be needing ect, and if someone knows the thickness of the spacer, and the ID and the OD that goes in the place of the lever for the FPB. so i can machine one up ahead of time

thanks

Chet

If you plan on taking the gun apart a few times I'd get the CGW floating trigger pin, firing pin retaining pin, and a couple of their hammer pins. I was going to machine a spacer as well but for $1.50 it's not worth the hassle.

thanks

Chet

If you plan on taking the gun apart a few times I'd get the CGW floating trigger pin, firing pin retaining pin, and a couple of their hammer pins. I was going to machine a spacer as well but for $1.50 it's not worth the hassle.

good info, that is what i need to know

thanks

chet