Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking to get started in Revo

Endurokids

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where did this whole nail polish thing get started? Guys, you can buy Loctite at any auto parts or hardware store.

I use Blue Loctite on my strain screw.

That said, I use colored nail polish on the adjustment screws of any trigger I work on. I don't care if the customer changes my adjustment, I just want it to show if they've been monkeying around in there. I buy the most god-awful color I can find on the sale rack, right now it's lime green.

So where did this whole nail polish thing get started? Guys, you can buy Loctite at any auto parts or hardware store.

Yeah but if they are already in the makeup aisle why make the extra trip? :devil:

Geez, thanks... <_<

I have found that by using the nail polish it A) it takes less torque to break than Loctite (meaning less probability of destroying said screw), B) Loctite can adhere to screws to the point that you have to replace the screw and reapply the Loctite to the new screw; where as nail polish remover can clean the screw and the threads of the area where the screw goes.

Now as for being in the makeup aisle, I'm married and its her fault; that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P

Yeah but if they are already in the makeup aisle why make the extra trip? :devil:

Good one, Larry! :-D

That's old school gun smithing. When I was a kid, I remember talking to a couple of guys that used nail polish to hold screws in place on their guns. Of course, back then we still heated with wood stoves...