Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adhesive for trigger pre & over travel screws

Czman

Did a local match yesterday with my CM. Almost got DQ'ed first stage when adrenalin overcame the 1.5 lb trigger close to the target, but it ran amazingly well in the limted config. Fast!

One small issue I ran into and diagnosed later - a couple of times in the middle of a mag, the trigger did not move - I might have pressed again one time and racked again the next - and the trigger moved in both cases and launched the hammer. I turned the pre travel screw half a turn during a break in the match and this never happened again.

My question - what's the best way to secure the pre travel and post travel screws in the aluminum triggers I have? Loctite is messy on such small screws and I know 6 months ago, did not work on a P01 custom trigger - still came loose during rapid shooting.

I kinda like the white adhesive CZ UB seems to add to screws - if this is some heavy gel, it might work better. Not sure what this is or where to get it.

Recommendations please!

I use blue loctite on the OT screw with no issues.

How did you apply the loctite?

I apply directly to the screw, put it in, adjust, and let it sit. With a pointed Qtip I wipe off anything that comes out the other end.

What's the right approach?

I use the loctite that comes in a glue stick tube, its not quite like a paste but it's thicker than the liquid stuff and doesn't make such a mess

Thanks all, I ordered the loctite stick and a degreaser / cleaner. Will give this a whirl. In my 1911's - over travel screw loctite has always been do and forget. I think the screws get more banged up in the CZ hence need to be glued in more aggressively.