Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going from limited to production

Axel1841

I wanted to get everyone's opinion about this. I'm wanting to go from limited to production. I have a lot of friends that shoot production and they say it's way more fun. Other than having to buy a new gun does anyone see any issues with someone going to production from limited ?

Re-arrange your belt, get a production legal handgun, load 11 in first magazine and 10 in the remaining...go shoot production. Stage breakdown gets interesting...some say fun, some say..., well, go have fun.

Shoot your Limited gun in L10 with your Prod buds at the next match to see if you like shooting stages in increments of 10 rnds. Hell, download to minor if you want to be scored the same as them and move your mags and holsters behind you hip bone. What can it hurt?

I shot Prod off and on over the last few years. I got into CZs last fall and that kind of revived my interest in that division.

Shoot your Limited gun in L10 with your Prod buds at the next match to see if you like shooting stages in increments of 10 rnds. Hell, download to minor if you want to be scored the same as them and move your mags and holsters behind you hip bone. What can it hurt?

I shot Prod off and on over the last few years. I got into CZs last fall and that kind of revived my interest in that division.

I shoot a tac sport 9mm now. I'm just tired of the scoring of minor power factor.

I shoot a tac sport 9mm now. I'm just tired of the scoring of minor power factor.

Ah, got it. For some reason I assumed you were shooting a .40 in Limited.

I shot Limited for a number of years. But lately its become less appealing to me and I've mostly been shooting mostly SS and Production. It helps that a number of my friends are doing the same thing. I say go for it. Get a SP-01 or something and start going head to head with your buds.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion about this. I'm wanting to go from limited to production. I have a lot of friends that shoot production and they say it's way more fun. Other than having to buy a new gun does anyone see any issues with someone going to production from limited ?

This is what I did a while back. I like shooting production primarily because I just found that I liked Glocks. I like the 10 round break downs, the lighter pistols, the reliability, the inexpensive magazines. I can concentrate on my shooting instead of my gun so much. Good place to go if you just want to concentrate on your shooting and not any of the peripherals you can enjoy, but are not necessary. Reloading is easier too as I just reload 9mm for the most part now.

This is what I did a while back. I like shooting production primarily because I just found that I liked Glocks. I like the 10 round break downs, the lighter pistols, the reliability, the inexpensive magazines. I can concentrate on my shooting instead of my gun so much. Good place to go if you just want to concentrate on your shooting and not any of the peripherals you can enjoy, but are not necessary. Reloading is easier too as I just reload 9mm for the most part now.

haha, funny. I got a limited gun so i could concentrate on my shooting for a few months, and not have to worry about peripherals like reloading, 10-round breakdown, etc... It definitely helped my shooting speed and movement, but I bought a cheap limited gun that runs right out of the box (tac sport).

For the OP, it does increase the fun to shoot the same division your friends are shooting.

Go the other way and shoot open.

That way if you shoot well, people will say it's only because of your fancy gun.

If you get beat by any other division guys, people will say you really suck.

That's my plan:)

I like this idea

Go the other way and shoot open.

That way if you shoot well, people will say it's only because of your fancy gun.

If you get beat by any other division guys, people will say you really suck.

That's my plan:)

I like this idea

Its definitely full proof!