Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strengths of each division

Wesquire

L10 really just needs to be called Production Major :D

Shooting the HK45 (and other assorted OTC 45s that aren't 1911s) it's the only division it really fits into. Production style guns are what attract me to shooting, personally I couldn't care less about being fast with a race gun or even with mag wells.

I would like a class like that. Otherwise, there is no point in shooting anything bigger than a 9.

• 3 weeks later...

I like shooting production because like others have said; it takes more planning and good accuracy. Plus when I get hung up on a steel plate I get a recovery period once my 10 round mag runs out, as opposed to shooting 23 rounds and being really pissed off at a 4in plate at 20 yards :angry2:

Edited by vixty

Started with single stack (1911) because the majority of my handgun shooting experience has been with that gun, I own a few, and I like the 1911 on several levels -- accuracy, ergonomics, history, availability of parts/ammo/accessories. It was still the main military sidearm when I was in the Army (1980s).

Maybe someday I'll go over to open or some other division but I first want to build experience in single stack. I don't expect to go far due to a late-in-life start, but I'm not intentionally limiting myself either. However long I'm able, I'll keep shooting.

Edited by GunBugBit

• 2 months later...

Production = low maintenance.

-especially if you shoot a Glock - which has about the most reliable, dirt-tolerant magazines I have ever encountered (and I'm a CZ guy).

Just load up, shoot, repeat.