Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noob question: which way to move sights?

Put some sights on my pistol and I need to take the front off and sand it down and push it over just a hair. It's ahooting low and left.

If it's shooting left which way do I need to drift the front sight? (Holding the pistol looking down the sights)

And what is the best way to remove material from the bottom of the sight? When I put them on I new it was gonna be off I just wanted to see how much. I first tryed to remove some material with a coulple different files and these suckers are tough. And I will be drifting the front and not the rear ( didn't quite get the dove tail right on the rear and its VERY tight)

Thanks!

Thank you sir! I was planning on using there formula I just wasn't sure which way to go on the front sight. So if I'm shooting left I would want to drift the front sight to the right?

Thank you sir! I was planning on using there formula I just wasn't sure which way to go on the front sight. So if I'm shooting left I would want to drift the front sight to the right?

No.

No.

Best way to envision this is to imagine moving either sight one foot in either direction then turning the gun to align the sights again and the barrel will be pointing in one direction or snother

Take a file to the range with you and cut down the front sight as you shoot groups with your chosen load. If using fixed sights you should have a load you like and sight it for that load. Only an adjustable rear lets you hop around from load to load and keep the POI the same as POA.

Pretty sure it's the sights. They were out of the .155 I needed so I ordered a .160 which for some reason doesn't sit 100% flush so it's probably more like a .165 so I knew it was going to be low. Just wanted to see how low. I shoot with a somewhat different sight picture then most so I thought it would be ok but it's too low. I've shot from a rest and had a buddy shoot it.

• 3 weeks later...