Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When people ask?

Wesquire

Tanfoglios have a better fit and finish than CZs but the factory support is a joke and the availability of parts is scarce compared to CZs. That being said they are both great guns, some guys prefer CZs and some prefer Tanfoglios. I prefer the larger grip of the Tanfo as well as the longer sight radius of the stock 3 and limited pro. With the CGW disco and EG hammer and springs the triggers are pretty close to equal.

Unlike Adam, I like the smaller grip of the CZ, no flipping needed on reloads (for me).

Yeah, I'm trying to get used to the flip. Coming from a G34, my reloads are a good bit slower now.

Whats flipping on reloads? Reaching for the button?

Reaching for the slide lock

No, have to adjust your grip in order to hit the mag release button.

I can reach that fine, but I have to adjust to hit the slide lock

If its slower on the slide lock just get used to doing what Single Stack and CDP shooters do and just use your left thumb (assuming you're right handed) to depress the slide lock.

WJM

If its slower on the slide lock just get used to doing what Single Stack and CDP shooters do and just use your left thumb (assuming you're right handed) to depress the slide lock.

WJM

I'll try that some more. Felt awkward though.

Edit: Yeah, I could get used to that fairly easily. I'll miss the glock reloads, but I'm loving the other benefits of the Stock 3

Edited by Wesquire

The larger grip size is a better fit for may hands and the front and backstrap checkering on the Stock II is far superior. It seems to shoot flatter for me, not sure if that's the better fitting grip or the added weight up front. The magazine release and trigger bar spring design are also better on the Tanfo, with the CZ design you have to turn a screw down on top of the magazine release spring and the trigger bar spring and then stake it in place or it will come out and the hammer won't reset. I also found that mags get hung up in the CZ if the mag release is pushed too hard, this doesn't happen with the Stock II because there is a stop on the button. The magwell is also a bit bigger on the Stock II which is nice. They both are really accurate coming from a Glock. Overall the Tanfo seems to be better made.

Just switched from Glock 34 to Stock II. I reload every bit as quickly with the Stock II, if not a little quicker.

How?

I just seem to be able to hit the mag well more consistently. I did switch the orientation of my mags to 90 degree (Ben Stoeger style) which gives me a more consistent grip on each mag. That had to help.

Tanfoglios have a better fit and finish than CZs but the factory support is a joke and the availability of parts is scarce compared to CZs. That being said they are both great guns, some guys prefer CZs and some prefer Tanfoglios. I prefer the larger grip of the Tanfo as well as the longer sight radius of the stock 3 and limited pro. With the CGW disco and EG hammer and springs the triggers are pretty close to equal.

I agree with every point, Adam. For me it came down to grip size. Ok, it's cool to have a Unicorn, too, but the Stock II fit better. I've got nothing bad to say about the CZ, it's a first rate firearm.