Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Riddle me this Batman

praetorian97

Ok so I have some experience with the CZ-75 model firearms.

I've converted, polished, and upgraded three Tanfoglios along with the whole nine yards to a CZ SP01.

I want to understand the internal parts a little more. Cajun lists a part as their Short Reset Disconnector. How does this affect reset? If the SP01 gun as converted to SAO wouldn't the reset length be up to the Hammer hook placement?

it actually does not change the reset point. The point from the the rear most portion of the triggerguard to the actual point where the trigger bar resets on the sear.

What it does alter is the position of the trigger after the triggerbar has clicked into place. It used to be the trigger would be free to move forward of that reset point a good half inch or more. Many people did not like that and called that creep ( not creep)

the SRTS or pre B disco minimize that movement to just in front of the spot where the system resets.

It seems many people like that.

THe part can be installed on an SAO trigger. What it does is eliminate the need for a pretravel screw. Its pretty cool as it removes any risk of the pretravel adjustment moving. You would want to remove the wings of the disco to do so.

There are drop in parts and gunsmith fit parts of both disconnectors that work great.

Hope that makes some sense.

it actually does not change the reset point. The point from the the rear most portion of the triggerguard to the actual point where the trigger bar resets on the sear.

What it does alter is the position of the trigger after the triggerbar has clicked into place. It used to be the trigger would be free to move forward of that reset point a good half inch or more. Many people did not like that and called that creep ( not creep)

the SRTS or pre B disco minimize that movement to just in front of the spot where the system resets.

It seems many people like that.

THe part can be installed on an SAO trigger. What it does is eliminate the need for a pretravel screw. Its pretty cool as it removes any risk of the pretravel adjustment moving. You would want to remove the wings of the disco to do so.

There are drop in parts and gunsmith fit parts of both disconnectors that work great.

Hope that makes some sense.

Stuart, does one need to remove both sides of the disco for use in an SAO? Would the stock Disconnector work well for this?

I would remove both wings as that way no chance of interferring with the trigger bar.

The pre B disconnector is best to work with or an oversized one.

With a gun without a firing pin block , you can adjust to stop the trigger right after the sear resets on the trigger bar.