Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI's new magwell

bowenbuilt

I received the new small frame TTI magwell in this week and had a chance to install it today and go out to the range for testing. The TTI is a one piece design that uses a headless hex screw to hold the assembly in place. It went on easily with a nice snug fit. The hex screw hole aligned perfectly with the hole in the back strap so the installation took about 5 minutes from package to gun. After 500 rounds the magwell didn't budge out of it's original position and stayed firmly attached to the grip frame. TTI (relieved for their pin), Dawson and standard Glock magazines fit the new magwell and snapped into place effortlessly and still dropped free when the mag release was pushed. The magwell has some very nice ergonomics machined into the front of it for better placement of large hands. It is solid brass so it is very heavy and lends its self well to reducing recoil and adding balance to the gun. I have the SJC frame weight on my gun and the super heavy magwell makes for a perfect balance on presentation. The only thing I can think of to improve this product would be some color. Black would probably be a good start. I will most likely Ceracoat mine in semi-gloss black to match the frame. Kudos to TTI for another great product, I really expected nothing less. Anyone looking for a superior heavy magwell should take a serious look at TTI's newest.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I would like to have a black one but since mine is already used I will apply a black finish. I had to come up with something, that's the only thing I could think of in the "con" column. I very much appreciate the offer. You guys are way too good to me.

I hope this makes sense but how does this one piece design get installed? I assume the front of the magwell grabs the bump on the front of the grip frame so you can't push the front of the magwell down after its installed. With a 2 piece design the plug goes in the grip then you hook the front of the magwell over the bump on the front of the grip and fasten the magwell to the insert.

Maybe the answer is as simple as the part that goes up into the backstrap is short enough that you can hook the magwell around the front of the frame and then push the insert up into the backstrap?

I dig the 1 piece design. Just curious how it installs.

I hope this makes sense but how does this one piece design get installed? I assume the front of the magwell grabs the bump on the front of the grip frame so you can't push the front of the magwell down after its installed. With a 2 piece design the plug goes in the grip then you hook the front of the magwell over the bump on the front of the grip and fasten the magwell to the insert.

Maybe the answer is as simple as the part that goes up into the backstrap is short enough that you can hook the magwell around the front of the frame and then push the insert up into the backstrap?

You are exactly right. You slip it on, get it in position and when you get it right the hole in the back strap is sitting perfectly in the hole awaiting the hex head screw. The insert is just short enough to allow you to do this. I did not have any problems installing it at all.

The front grips on the the frame, and the rear peg just sets in the back. You're right that the rear nub is a bit shorter, but we make it thick enough so there isn't much give or wiggle. Instead of choosing to make that rear peg longer for more weight ( which is really why it's that long in the first place ) we shortened it up and added more material by having it climb up the grip a bit more ( also securing it better ).

So, if I understand correctly....

This magwell will fit all of the different extensions "out there"?

Only because I have several Arre-------'s (but with TTI's inbound- Thanks to Taran), and am considering dumping my JP for something a bit heavier and with a wider mouth.