Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 S&W load for Minor

usa259

What would be your design load to load a 40 S&W to make Minor Pwoer Factor with a little cushion, say Pf of 130 - 135?

Powder?

Bullet choice?

OAL?

I'm looking to narrow down the many choices available.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

I developed the above load because I wanted to shoot my beretta 96 in both production and limited 10 major. Two divisions one pistol...

hope it helps.

I am not even going to tell you to start at 10% below... that is really safe to load as is. But use common sense and be careful... use at your own risk,,, :cheers:

Edited by crotchThrower

Start from the powder first. What do you have available?

I use WST.

Titegroup, 231, n320, clays, solo1000, WSF, etr-7, and a few others work well also.

Let us know what powders you have on hand, or have access to. If you need powder, etr7 is the easiest to come by.

Thank you both. I currently have Bullseye and Unique. From reading other posts I was considering and am further reading about Clays, WST, tightgroup, and VIT 320. Will add your suggestions to the lists...

Edited by usa259

Just ran yesterday...

200 Extreme

3 grains of Titegroup

Win SP

1.180 oal

60 degrees

Runs consistently in a Trojan 5 with original springs and recoil feels like a light 38 Special. Chono averaged 9 rounds at 133.

I can also say 2.8 will not reliably run in the Trojan with factory springs. Since it would not run, I did not chrono it.

EDIT: As always, your mileage may vary.

Edited by jsg