Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ sp01 grips

krazykj03

Hi guys what grips do you guys like on the sp01, im looking into getting the thin aluminum. i know cz customs, and cgw have them, also looking at the vz textured. it will be used for production and maybe home defense. just wanted to know what your guys thoughts are.

I wanted the thin aluminum grips so i could have the red ones and they made that gun look freaking awesome but didn't provide much grip so i had more recoil. i then got the thick DAA red aluminum grips as a gift from my girlfriend and they felt awesome with good grip but it changed my grip angle and i kept throwing shots high right so and friend of mine told me to stop being a chick with the red grips and just get the VZ grips and it was the best thing i did. awesome grip, better recoil management and they look pretty awesome as well. If you want thicker grips get the CZC lemon graters. other than that stick with the VZ

You are going to get recommendations for about every grip out there. Personally I went from thin aluminum, to think aluminum, to DAA grips because I wanted the widest grip out there. The point is, keep trying different grips until you find what fits your hand the best or what shoots well for you. Sell or trade what doesn't work in the classifieds.

You are going to get recommendations for about every grip out there. Personally I went from thin aluminum, to think aluminum, to DAA grips because I wanted the widest grip out there. The point is, keep trying different grips until you find what fits your hand the best or what shoots well for you. Sell or trade what doesn't work in the classifieds.

+1. I tried three different styles of grips from fat to thin before settling on what felt best to me. IIRC, stock plastic or rubber grips with the palm swells are the thickest. CZC thin aluminums are the thinnest. For whatever reason, the thin aluminums felt the best for me. If I need more traction I can always add more grip tape to the grips and front/back straps.

I went with short, thin aluminum CZC grips to fit with my magwell on my 75B and I love them. I might eventually get them cerakoted because they only come in silver. I did add a little more grip tape on the right side, just for my personal preference.

IMG_9280_zpsd2d19bb2.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618

I went with short, thin aluminum CZC grips to fit with my magwell on my 75B and I love them. I might eventually get them cerakoted because they only come in silver. I did add a little more grip tape on the right side, just for my personal preference.

They make the short thin grips in red, black, and blue as well. I think they look best in red. :)

J7CMIQF.jpg

They make the short thin grips in red, black, and blue as well. I think they look best in red. :)

J7CMIQF.jpg

Ah, yes. I guess I should have clarified. They only make the magwell and basepads in silver, so I got the grips to match. I've got a lot of red on my competition rifle, so I would probably go with red also.